ADVERTISEMENT

Nov 5, 2024: Trump vs Biden

Thanks, JD. Feels like plenty of time before August 19th and but Biden and family seem like they are in it and won’t be dropping out.
At this point, I feel like the one that needs to be convinced is Jill Biden.

I don’t think she can be convinced.

This feels similar historically to the Edith Bolling Galt Wilson situation when Woodrow Wilson had a stroke in his second term. Not exactly the same, but similar.

Will Biden be replaced? Can he? Should be? @Syskatine @my_2cents

Unprecedented times truly
Will President Biden be replaced? I don't know.

Can he be replaced? Sure, but he isn't going to be replaced unless he decides to drop out of the race and release his delegates at the Convention.

Should he be replaced? Yes, I believe the President should step aside and allow the convention to nominate someone else.

Will President Biden be replaced? I don't know.

Can he be replaced? Sure, but he isn't going to be replaced unless he decides to drop out of the race and release his delegates at the Convention.

Should he be replaced? Yes, I believe the President should step aside and allow the convention to nominate someone else.
So much for Democracy, now you are embracing a Oligarchy.

So much for Democracy, now you are embracing a Oligarchy.
Nope, I'm embracing following the rules and procedures set in place. Just as your party would have to do if Trump decided to withdraw or something happened to him before the Republican Convention.

Some of our greatest Presidents were chosen by delegates at a political convention. It isn't ideal but it is still the American process if that process is needed.

• Haha
Reactions: OUSOONER67
Some of our greatest Presidents were chosen by delegates at a political convention. It isn't ideal but it is still the American process if that process is needed.

Some of our "greatest" presidents? LOL. I think you meant "superdelegates" and "Democrat process". The RNC doesn't use superdelegates to suppress it's voters like the Democrats do.

Nope, I'm embracing following the rules and procedures set in place. Just as your party would have to do if Trump decided to withdraw or something happened to him before the Republican Convention.

I picture slick willy smiling.

Some of our "greatest" presidents? LOL. I think you meant "superdelegates" and "Democrat process". The RNC doesn't use superdelegates to suppress it's voters like the Democrats do.
There are only an estimated 739 automatic delegates. There are an estimated 3,933 pledged delegates. A total of 4,672 estimate delegates. Automatic delegates are not allowed to vote on the first ballot. After the first ballot, a majority of the delegates are needed to win the nomination. Which means the automatic delegates can not alone nominate the Democratic presidential nominee.

btw, the Republican convention has about an estimated 104 unpledged delegates.

Democratic Delegate Rules

Republican Delegate Rules

So my original point stands.

• Haha

Biden didn't decline overnight, it's been apparent for several years now if you were not blind by partisanship. The oligarchy has lied to you and tried to cover it up all in an effort to stay in power. Think about it, whose running the country, it's obvious Biden isn't.

Biden didn't decline overnight, it's been apparent for several years now if you were not blind by partisanship.
I haven't been. I've been stating my concerns about President Biden's age for a while on this board. I was having conversations about it on here with David before he passed.

I wanted a serious Democrat, preferably a progressive, to challenge Biden in the primary. Even when it was becoming clear no one was going to challenge him.

So you can drop this nonsense that I'm blinded by partisanship as it relates to President Biden.

The oligarchy has lied to you and tried to cover it up all in an effort to stay in power.
This is conspiracy talk. Right-wing conspiracy talk at that.

Again, I never bought the left-wing "spin" about Biden's age to begin with. And I don't buy the right-wing "spin" that Biden is really bad off. Both sides are engaged in political spin.

Think about it, whose running the country, it's obvious Biden isn't.
I believe President Biden is still running the country, with the assistance of his advisors. As do all Presidents.

I don't think he is as bad off as Republican want us to believe but I also don't think he is still 45 like his Democrat defenders want us to believe.

• Haha
One of many reasons why I think the Vice President would be the new nominee if President Biden was to step aside.
Because the donors want their money back if it goes to Kamala? I understand what you are saying about keeping the current war chest. If you have donors requesting money back, that should tell you that they donated as more of a moderate and not a progressive.

That is why I believe Obama is the only one that can hold the progressives and moderates together. Votes and $$$

Last edited:
Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
Because the donors want their money back if it goes to Kamala?
Does it say they want their money back just because it may go to the Vice President? It doesn't.

In fact, in the actual article, it says this:

"One participant said that many on the call were still firmly behind Biden but that “a lot of the participants are frightened.”

“There were some tough comments from those on the call. Some were upset that they are just hearing campaign talking points,” the participant said, adding that some donors even asked about having their contributions refunded."

Article

I understand what you are saying about keeping the current war chest. If you have donors requesting money back, that should tell you that they donated as more of a moderate and not a progressive.
Again, there is no indication the reason they said they wanted their money back is because they don't want it going to the Vice President. Indeed, the article indicates a few made that comment because they are upset with what they are hearing from the Biden campaign at this time.

With they said, I'm sure there are those who donated to the campaign who may prefer someone else over the Vice President if Biden was to step down. But still, it is the Vice President who will inherit a lot if Biden were to step aside. Not any other potential candidate.

That is why I believe Obama is the only one that can hold the progressives and moderates together. Votes and $$$
I disagree. There are a number of Democrats that could do this, especially at this point.

And if you mean Michelle Obama, again, she isn't going to be the nominee. She has stated before that she will never run for President. She has never shown any desire to run for President and reports are that such tall disgusts her.

Does it say they want their money back just because it may go to the Vice President? It doesn't.

In fact, in the actual article, it says this:

"One participant said that many on the call were still firmly behind Biden but that “a lot of the participants are frightened.”

“There were some tough comments from those on the call. Some were upset that they are just hearing campaign talking points,” the participant said, adding that some donors even asked about having their contributions refunded."

Article

Again, there is no indication the reason they said they wanted their money back is because they don't want it going to the Vice President. Indeed, the article indicates a few made that comment because they are upset with what they are hearing from the Biden campaign at this time.

With they said, I'm sure there are those who donated to the campaign who may prefer someone else over the Vice President if Biden was to step down. But still, it is the Vice President who will inherit a lot if Biden were to step aside. Not any other potential candidate.

I disagree. There are a number of Democrats that could do this, especially at this point.

And if you mean Michelle Obama, again, she isn't going to be the nominee. She has stated before that she will never run for President. She has never shown any desire to run for President and reports are that such tall disgusts her.
Biden campaign manager Julie Chavez Rodriguez said during the call that in the event of the president dropping out — which she emphasized he had no intention of doing — Harris would then control most of the money in their campaign account, which amounted to $91.2 million as of May 31.
That appears to be correct, according to some campaign finance experts — but likely only if she then became the Democrats' presidential nominee.
“Both candidates are on the account,” Gross said. “And I would think that she would be able to use the money if she is running for president. She would be the only one that could do that.”

Kamala would have access to the Biden/Harris campaign funds if Joe dropped. Which is why people have been asking about getting their campaign funds back. Hope that clears it up for you. Michelle is the only person, and only because of O, that would be able to raise the dollars needed at this late stage.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT