ADVERTISEMENT

No chatter about Saul?

Originally posted by MegaPoke:
I loved it. Didn't realize how much I missed breaking bad until last night. Love the characters already.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
A+++++. Loved Michael McKean as his crazy brother. Love that it's on Monday instead of Sunday also. Odenkirk is a much better actor than I think people previously realized.

I thought it was really slow until the last 10 minutes. Certainly didn't grab my attention like BB did with Walt speeding down the hightway in his underwear, with a gas mask on...

Originally posted by Marshal Jim Duncan:
Originally posted by MegaPoke:
I loved it. Didn't realize how much I missed breaking bad until last night. Love the characters already.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
A+++++. Loved Michael McKean as his crazy brother. Love that it's on Monday instead of Sunday also. Odenkirk is a much better actor than I think people previously realized.
McKeen (aka David St Hubbins) is like Odenkirk - a brilliant comedic actor who has way more dramatic depth than you initially expect. Hell, Bryan Cranston is too for that matter. Breaking Bad was so successful that I think a lot of people forget he was absolutely hilarious on Malcom in the Middle.

I think casting guys like this in prominent roles is no accident for Vince Gilligan. There's some completely different element involved when your dramatic lead characters are such genius comedic actors first and foremost. There's a subtlety about the humor that really makes the darker stuff seem even deeper because you can relate to the characters better. Or something. Not sure what it is, but it's something.

Give the rest of us DVR sluggards a few days to catch up and you'll have plenty of chatter.

Enjoyed it quite a bit.

Btw, I am presently binging Breaking Bad. Will be done with season 1 today.

Originally posted by 100TonsofOrangeFury:
Give the rest of us DVR sluggards a few days to catch up and you'll have plenty of chatter.
Glad I didn't mention something I almost did then.

The final scene? I wanted to bring it up also, but restrained myself.

Thought it was awesome! A little slow to start but I thought Breaking Bad was to. But that is just the amazing writing and acting setting things up to hook you. Episode last night had the same feel. Can't wait to see tonights.

Originally posted by Been Jammin:

The final scene? I wanted to bring it up also, but restrained myself.
My lips are sealed.

I wasn't impressed. The plot was slow even for a character study. And the primary character isn't really all that compelling.

Okay, that first 30 minutes of episode 2 was pretty bad ass.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT