ADVERTISEMENT

Next Years Lineup

I fully expect for Surber to be the guy FYI. I'm just not super high on him being able to score many points at NCAAs. Love the kid so I would be ecstatic to be dead wrong.

The good news is we are going to see where he stacks up pretty quickly. He is going to hit a lot of guys ranked ahead of him to start the season.

I'm just interested to see how he will hold up health wise. If he can't go will they throw Cody out there or are would they be hell bent on redshirting him.

I fully expect for Surber to be the guy FYI. I'm just not super high on him being able to score many points at NCAAs. Love the kid so I would be ecstatic to be dead wrong.

The good news is we are going to see where he stacks up pretty quickly. He is going to hit a lot of guys ranked ahead of him to start the season.

I'm just interested to see how he will hold up health wise. If he can't go will they throw Cody out there or are would they be hell bent on redshirting him.
I don’t think so. I think DT has been pretty clear on wanting to wrestle our best lineup. If Luke is doing well then he’s the guy but I don’t see us shelfing Cody if Luke can’t go

Reactions: tom_v31
Didn’t surber beat Cardenas at u23s one time in the best of 3? He was really close to making the u23 squad. Looked great at CKLV until injury. I think he continues improving with the skill in the room now as many of you have said…RS Merril give surber the chance and hopefully he stays healthy..
Yes he did and that’s my point… Luke has beat or hung in there with all of the favorites. When healthy, Luke is a damn good wrestler. I just have a feeling that he’s going to stay healthy and shock alot of people this year

I've been a fan of Surber since watching him in high school. Saying that, his health history is lengthy and not favorable for Surber to make it through an entire season. I would hate for this team to lose Surber in February and have to rely on CM going into Nationals with limited experience.

197 is still tough though. Five returning AAs from last years plus a former champ (who no one knows what to expect from). I'm just saying on the list of weights we have a chance to AA at 197 might be our weakest weight. And this is assuming Surber is 100% all year.
49 and 57 are significantly deeper imo.

I've been a fan of Surber since watching him in high school. Saying that, his health history is lengthy and not favorable for Surber to make it through an entire season. I would hate for this team to lose Surber in February and have to rely on CM going into Nationals with limited experience.
Freshman are built different these days, if Merrill goes I would expect a lot from him. I wouldn’t be surprised if he AA’d this year if he goes.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
Didn’t surber beat Cardenas at u23s one time in the best of 3? He was really close to making the u23 squad. Looked great at CKLV until injury. I think he continues improving with the skill in the room now as many of you have said…RS Merril give surber the chance and hopefully he stays healthy..
Surber and Cardenas also meet at the NCAA tournament in 2023 and it was ugly for the good guy.

49 and 57 are significantly deeper imo.
Not really arguing about what weight is deeper. I'm just not ready to say a weight that returns 6 AAs from last year plus AJ "cleared out". Yeah it cleared out at the very top but I don't think any of us are arguing Surber is going to be in title contention.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT