ADVERTISEMENT

Next Years Lineup

Very sad. Coach Taylor and Co. are implementing the 3 strikes your out system. I think Jordan had several "foul balls" as well so to speak. Jordan made it through some grueling practices throughout the summer only to falter off the mat. I wish him well and I hope he succeeds in all avenues of life.

IMO going forward, 133- Reece or Cael, 141- Carter or Cael, 149- Tagen.

Very sad. Coach Taylor and Co. are implementing the 3 strikes your out system. I think Jordan had several "foul balls" as well so to speak. Jordan made it through some grueling practices throughout the summer only to falter off the mat. I wish him well and I hope he succeeds in all avenues of life.

IMO going forward, 133- Reece or Cael, 141- Carter or Cael, 149- Tagen.

Well, actually...

The quote I got with regard to offenses... "This ain't baseball"

Hes obviously hurting with the conflict of wrestling is probably all he knows and his heart just isn't in it enough anymore. I got that sense even before he stepped on campus. You could always tell from his body language on the mat. Just didn't want it. I hate to say it but it's kinda similar to what we saw from Thompson last year.

I hate to say it but it's kinda similar to what we saw from Thompson last year.
I could be totally wrong because I didn’t get to watch as many duals as I’d have liked to, but I thought it looked like Thompson was hurting from the cut to 174. Even felt like you could tell the weeks he had an easier time cutting than others (compare his 2 Bedlam matches vs Picklo). I think a redshirt year to train with this staff/roster and coming back at 184 could be great for him.

Hes obviously hurting with the conflict of wrestling is probably all he knows and his heart just isn't in it enough anymore. I got that sense even before he stepped on campus. You could always tell from his body language on the mat. Just didn't want it. I hate to say it but it's kinda similar to what we saw from Thompson last year.
I think Thompson might’ve been overwhelmed by what it takes. At least I hope that’s what it was.

JW seemed to be overwhelmed by not wanting to do what he knows it takes?

I hope the best and that he is DTs Bubba Jenkins.

JW has long had the vibe of “I’m good at this so I should do it but I don’t want to”. If he’s done wrestling that’s fine too. Maybe he’s done, maybe he’ll go somewhere that he can train the way he wants, who knows.

JW has long had the vibe of “I’m good at this so I should do it but I don’t want to”. If he’s done wrestling that’s fine too. Maybe he’s done, maybe he’ll go somewhere that he can train the way he wants, who knows.
Perfectly said. There's a lot of pressure being a big time recruit and delivering. Some guys can't handle it or don't want it.

Reactions: gyppoke and Tarem
I could be totally wrong because I didn’t get to watch as many duals as I’d have liked to, but I thought it looked like Thompson was hurting from the cut to 174. Even felt like you could tell the weeks he had an easier time cutting than others (compare his 2 Bedlam matches vs Picklo). I think a redshirt year to train with this staff/roster and coming back at 184 could be great for him.
We'll see, whatever it was, he needs to be a lot better than what we saw from him last year. Hopefully he gains some offense redshirting.

Reactions: bwel9339
I think Thompson might’ve been overwhelmed by what it takes. At least I hope that’s what it was.

JW seemed to be overwhelmed by not wanting to do what he knows it takes?

I hope the best and that he is DTs Bubba Jenkins.
With Thompson body size 174 really shouldn’t have been a brutal cut (as I sit here 15 pounds overweight). It seems it was more how he cut down based on what was said.

With Thompson body size 174 really shouldn’t have been a brutal cut (as I sit here 15 pounds overweight). It seems it was more how he cut down based on what was said.
Yeah, that is kind of what I was saying as far as being overwhelmed with how to do the things it takes. Wrestling at a blue blood is tons different than dominating everyone in high school.

-Scholastics
-Nutrition
-Intense training
-Freedom
-Enhanced competition
-Girls
-Expectations

That is quite a bit to navigate for a young person and I doubt he has had to keep a decent cut for very long in his entire life. HS coaches, etc. don't really know how to coach the nutrition part. Its still more of a, "here, put these trash bags on and go run. If you get thirsty, rinse your mouth out, but don't swallow the water. Go home tonight and eat a spoonful of peanut butter."

OPC is up and active!

Plott already at or under 184…
Witcraft at or under 133
BT at or under 174
Fish is under 157
And amine is under 165
Surber and Merrill under 197
Hughes making 133 already is a great sign,
Carter listed at 149 but not certified could be trouble, but theses guys are pros
10 guys still not certified but listed on roster

Last edited:
OPC is up and active!

Witcraft at or under 133
BT at or under 174
Fish is under 157
And amine is under 165
Carter listed at 149 but not certified could be trouble, but theses guys are pros
I believe you can choose to put the weight they will be at or have it be what they weighed for certs. My guess is not everyone listed made scratch weight. No way Spratley made weight already

I believe you can choose to put the weight they will be at or have it be what they weighed for certs. My guess is not everyone listed made scratch weight. No way Spratley made weight already
you are supposed to put the weight you are qualified for at that time, is my understanding.

Reactions: OHkie and AtownPoke
I'm with you. I believe you only have to get to 149 to certify for 141 as an example.

OPC is up and active!

Witcraft at or under 133
BT at or under 174
Fish is under 157
And amine is under 165
Where can I find this?

Reactions: AtownPoke
Can you post the entire list? Or link?

and here is the current list (it's already been updated since I looked this morning so I'd imagine the last few would get flipped to eligible eventually as well..

EligibleNameWt. ClassGrade
Jayce Mullin
125​
RS Fr.
Sam Smith
125​
RS Fr.
Troy Spratley
125​
RS So.
Zach Blankenship
133​
RS So.
Cael Hughes
133​
RS Fr.
JJ McComas
133​
Fr.
Jim Mullin
133​
RS Fr.
Reece Witcraft
133​
RS Sr.
Kolter Burton
141​
Fr.
Jake Hamiti
141​
Fr.
Tagen Jamison
141​
RS So.
Ramon Salazar
141​
Fr.
Cutter Sheets
149​
RS So.
Carter Young
149​
RS Jr.
Caleb Fish
157​
Sr.
Jeremy Manibog
157​
RS Fr.
Teague Travis
157​
RS Jr.
Cameron Amine
165​
RS Sr.
Jaxen Wright
165​
RS Fr.
Colin Young
165​
Fr.
Dean Hamiti
174​
Sr.
Dax Hughes
174​
RS So.
Benjamin Mower
174​
RS So.
Blake Skidgel
174​
RS Jr.
Brayden Thompson
174​
So.
Dustin Plott
184​
Sr.
Jersey Robb
184​
RS Fr.
Trevor Dopps
197​
RS Jr.
Kyle Haas
197​
RS Jr.
Cody Merrill
197​
Fr.
Luke Surber
197​
Sr.
Konner Doucet
285​
RS Sr.
Wyatt Hendrickson
285​
Sr.
Hayden Simpson
285​
RS So.

and here is the current list (it's already been updated since I looked this morning so I'd imagine the last few would get flipped to eligible eventually as well..

EligibleNameWt. ClassGrade
Jayce Mullin
125​
RS Fr.
Sam Smith
125​
RS Fr.
Troy Spratley
125​
RS So.
Zach Blankenship
133​
RS So.
Cael Hughes
133​
RS Fr.
JJ McComas
133​
Fr.
Jim Mullin
133​
RS Fr.
Reece Witcraft
133​
RS Sr.
Kolter Burton
141​
Fr.
Jake Hamiti
141​
Fr.
Tagen Jamison
141​
RS So.
Ramon Salazar
141​
Fr.
Cutter Sheets
149​
RS So.
Carter Young
149​
RS Jr.
Caleb Fish
157​
Sr.
Jeremy Manibog
157​
RS Fr.
Teague Travis
157​
RS Jr.
Cameron Amine
165​
RS Sr.
Jaxen Wright
165​
RS Fr.
Colin Young
165​
Fr.
Dean Hamiti
174​
Sr.
Dax Hughes
174​
RS So.
Benjamin Mower
174​
RS So.
Blake Skidgel
174​
RS Jr.
Brayden Thompson
174​
So.
Dustin Plott
184​
Sr.
Jersey Robb
184​
RS Fr.
Trevor Dopps
197​
RS Jr.
Kyle Haas
197​
RS Jr.
Cody Merrill
197​
Fr.
Luke Surber
197​
Sr.
Konner Doucet
285​
RS Sr.
Wyatt Hendrickson
285​
Sr.
Hayden Simpson
285​
RS So.
Looks great! So why are you still grumpy?

• Haha
Reactions: grumpy_okie
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT