ADVERTISEMENT

Next Season?

pokefan24/7

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2003
I didn't think hiring a guy with no head coaching experience was wise or necessary. Unfortunately, it's gone about as expected. With that said, I've been rooting for Boynton to get it done. However, one above .500 conference finish in 6 years is not getting it done.

Poor discipline, ball security, lack of offensive identity and roster deficiencies have plagued us during Boynton's tenure.

It feels like next year should be make or break for Boynton.

Guessing at next year's roster:

Possible returnees:
Kalib Boone (could see him moving on)
Mousa Cisse (could see him moving on)
Tyreek Smith
John-Michael Wright
Bryce Thompson
Woody Newton
Bernard Kouma
Quion Williams
Chris Harris Jr.

Lose:
Avery Anderson
Caleb Asberry

We bring in:
Connor Dow (shooting guard)
Justin Mcbride (power forward)
Jamyron Keller (point guard)
Brandon Garrison (power forward)
Eric Dailey Jr (power forward)

not sure how many spots we have next year but I'd like to see something like:
Transfer point guard
Transfer combo guard
Kalib Boone
Mousa Cisse
Tyreek Smith
John Michael Wright
Bryce Thompson
Woody Newton
Connor Dow
Justin McBride
Jamyron Keller
Brandon Garrison
Eric Dailey Jr

Not sure how the spot availability will shake out but I don't think adding one freshman point guard to the returnees will cut it. I believe we need at least one to two transfer point guards or one true point guard and one combo guard with above average ball handling. If Kouma isn't going to play, he probably needs to move on. I think he could do well somewhere with PT. Harris Jr. needs to move on. I'm not sure about Q. Williams or Woody Newton. I'm usually not in favor of giving up on freshmen after one season but Boynton needs to shake things up. I think we need to hit the transfer portal hard to have a prayer of success next year and that means we likely need to ask some guys to move on. It won't shock me if at least one expected returnee opts to hit the portal.

Last edited:
Reactions: FTWpoke
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News