ADVERTISEMENT

NEXT HC

Rumor on Twitter started by Pat is David Taylor is interested but hasn’t formerly applied but wants to hear what Oklahoma State is offering.

But I doubt there is any truth to that.

Reactions: HighStickHarry
what an abortion of a hiring process

i’m sure chad was 100% bamboozled by john’s retiring

Chad moves at a snails pace. Word leaked that Lutz was the guy and several knew it and it took almost a week to become official.

Coleman is going to be the coach unless something significant has changed. None of this has been a surprise other than the extended timeline but again Chad is a process guy.

Chad moves at a snails pace. Word leaked that Lutz was the guy and several knew it and it took almost a week to become official.

Coleman is going to be the coach unless something significant has changed. None of this has been a surprise other than the extended timeline but again Chad is a process guy.

let’s be real here

process or not
chad had a year to smooth this out

Hope it’s Coleman, Taylor has not had any college coaching experience, he has a kids club not the same. He’s not Cunningham, Cody or Varner. We are on a role why mess with the okie state family. Bring in a big time assistant let Coleman have 3 years and I think we will see a jump, if not we can always look again.

My question is if it’s Coleman who is still around coaching, current coaches in the room in some capacity Caldwell, Perry, Harding, Guerrero, and Fix who else?

Hope it’s Coleman, Taylor has not had any college coaching experience, he has a kids club not the same. He’s not Cunningham, Cody or Varner. We are on a role why mess with the okie state family. Bring in a big time assistant let Coleman have 3 years and I think we will see a jump, if not we can always look again.
Maybe that’s what they’re trying to do. Coleman seems fit for the HC role, DT comes in to get experience as assistant coach or RTC involvement at a legendary program before deciding if he wants to HC somewhere.

Maybe that’s what they’re trying to do. Coleman seems fit for the HC role, DT comes in to get experience as assistant coach or RTC involvement at a legendary program before deciding if he wants to HC somewhere.
Stopped over tonight to see what you guys are saying about DT. David runs a working farm outside of State College, his family runs a food establishment in town, and he’s raking in HC level money with M2. He’s not going anywhere … not even to the great Okie State to be #2. Our community would hate to lose David, but, at some future date he’s gonna be a great college coach …… just like Smith (without prior head coach experience). You guys have a really great program and history. I’d speculate that very few Pokes would be upset if DT is hired. It’s just like when Cael came here to State College ….. every damn wrestling fan knew immediately that the good times were gonna roll!

From the outside looking in there’s a lot about this that doesn’t seem to make sense IMO.

CS is heir apparent. Or not.

We are using a search firm… or committee… or maybe not?

Chad is a slow process guy… but surely John’s retirement wasn’t a surprise?

I’m trying to balance patience with reasonable expectations. Not sure what to think or believe about this process.

Nah. I love the way Chad has been going about it. He takes his time and he swings for the fences. We said similar things about the basketball timeline and I think he got it right after making Bill say no.

I sort of agree. But IMO, he gave Self too much time to give an answer.

I still don’t understand how much of this wrestling HC process is CW and how much is some committee or search firm. Seems like CW would handle it himself and not do something like that.

Stopped over tonight to see what you guys are saying about DT. David runs a working farm outside of State College, his family runs a food establishment in town, and he’s raking in HC level money with M2. He’s not going anywhere … not even to the great Okie State to be #2. Our community would hate to lose David, but, at some future date he’s gonna be a great college coach …… just like Smith (without prior head coach experience). You guys have a really great program and history. I’d speculate that very few Pokes would be upset if DT is hired. It’s just like when Cael came here to State College ….. every damn wrestling fan knew immediately that the good times were gonna roll!
You don’t think he’s going anywhere, but you also think he is going to be a great college coach?

So you expect him to take over for Cael? He’s gonna wait 10-15 years to be a HC?

My comments have nothing to do with him and us, just curious on where you see him being great if he won’t leave state college.

I sort of agree. But IMO, he gave Self too much time to give an answer.

I still don’t understand how much of this wrestling HC process is CW and how much is some committee or search firm. Seems like CW would handle it himself and not do something like that.
If we hired a committee they wouldn’t be making the final decision or interviewing guys like DT

Reactions: bwel9339
From the outside looking in there’s a lot about this that doesn’t seem to make sense IMO.

CS is heir apparent. Or not.

We are using a search firm… or committee… or maybe not?

Chad is a slow process guy… but surely John’s retirement wasn’t a surprise?

I’m trying to balance patience with reasonable expectations. Not sure what to think or believe about this process.
Well, the good news is, there's really only 20 solid to great programs out there...So CS leaving because of this doesn't seem likely.

However, I fully expect he's the HC in the end, which isn't a bad thing but why not go for it?

If rumors on the PSU board from late night are true, then Congrats! guys. Nothing certain though.

Page 5

Last edited:
Hmmm

lol I think I like the idea more than most and I’m fairly certain I was the first one to throw his name out there a couple weeks ago before it was even a real thing… but I would be shocked if it happens.

Reactions: dvpoke25
If rumors on the PSU board from late night are true, then Congrats! guys. Nothing certain though.

Page 5

Looks like there is only one guy saying it. Is he a reliable poster?

I would feel awful for Coleman but this hire would excite me.

This is all pretty real.

DT is is in play. CS wants to be here. This is all good and productive for OSU.

Patience is hard, but this is fun!
CS will be the HC and the program will be in much better hands.So let’s everybody get behind him and the rest of the team and staff.Lets everybody move forward and leave fantasy land.

CS will be the HC and the program will be in much better hands.So let’s everybody get behind him and the rest of the team and staff.Lets everybody move forward and leave fantasy land.
If he gets it then you can bet everyone will be behind him.

That said, saying we should “leave fantasy land” by going after a type of hire that has led to huge success historically… is pretty silly.

I love your info but you really are about as grumpy and dickish as they come

Nah. I love the way Chad has been going about it. He takes his time and he swings for the fences. We said similar things about the basketball timeline and I think he got it right after making Bill say no.

swinging for the fences and striking out does not affect a post apocalyptic men’s basketball program

beyond keiton page there is nothing left

so ya i loved the way chad swung for the fences with the basketball program

wrestling on the other hand

has age group world team member RS freshman tweeting out loyalty to the current associate head coach and staff

so there is a downside and cost in this “pursuit”

CS has no where close to the upside of DT imo but his floor could be higher. Im not sure why you’d ever want him over a guy that brings so much immediate cred but I do love CS.

so you think taylor is the better candidate and back chads hiring process with hopium

that opportunity cost destroys relationships

If he gets it then you can bet everyone will be behind him.

That said, saying we should “leave fantasy land” by going after a type of hire that has led to huge success historically… is pretty silly.

I love your info but you really are about as grumpy and dickish as they come

bruh

exchange
“grumpy and dickish”

for balanced and reasoned

Sure hope we don’t lose out on some great portal transfer options due to drawing out naming a HC. Probably end up with CS anyway and lose out on some great transfer options in the meantime.

Reactions: driad
I doubt you would need to worry about support for Scott? He’s a favorite son.

I would think his support level is great!

But, how awesome would it be to have him and DT on staff together? That’s probably fantasy land?!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT