ADVERTISEMENT

New bolt gun

Now 143 eld-x are pretty readily available, and the 147gr eld-m (which my gun loves and my new turret is designed for) are non-existent. If any one runs across any please let me know. Can't even find them overpriced on gunbroker.

Now 143 eld-x are pretty readily available, and the 147gr eld-m (which my gun loves and my new turret is designed for) are non-existent. If any one runs across any please let me know. Can't even find them overpriced on gunbroker.
turret? LIke you've had a turret engraved for the round?

If so, don't trust it too far out, distance wise. The turrets work pretty well for a few hundred yards, but further out, there's just too many variables that can affect trajectory.

And where I have my notifications haven't popped with any of the Hornady stuff in a long while. If I have a box or two of 147's, I'd be glad to sell them to you for very reasonable. I'll check this afternoon.

Yeah, I had Kenton Industries engrave a turret based on my rifle specs and bullet. It still has the standard moa marks underneath. And you’re right, I probably won’t take it past 400 or so. I’ll gladly buy any you don’t want.

Yeah, I had Kenton Industries engrave a turret based on my rifle specs and bullet. It still has the standard moa marks underneath. And you’re right, I probably won’t take it past 400 or so. I’ll gladly buy any you don’t want.
I had a turret for my 300 WSM and it worked ok. I would think that 400 is the outside edge of what is reasonable for hunting, but I would just have to see. Likely, if you'll aim for the lungs, you'll have plenty of variation from top to bottom of a deer to be fine. If you're looking to split the heart, you'll be less successful.

No problem, thanks for looking. I actually found a couple of boxes for sale on gunbroker for $45/box. And I bought a couple of boxes of 143 eld-x’s to see how they fly. I imagine they group pretty close to the 147’s out to a few hundred yards.

No problem, thanks for looking. I actually found a couple of boxes for sale on gunbroker for $45/box. And I bought a couple of boxes of 143 eld-x’s to see how they fly. I imagine they group pretty close to the 147’s out to a few hundred yards.
143’s should be ballistically identical to the 140’s and 147’s out to 400 yards.

I'm brining this thread up again to get an update on both Poke15 Bergara rifle as well as DTS's ti Christensen.
How have you liked them now that you have lived with them for a while?
I'm looking for a reason to buy a new rifle for Elk but don't feel I need to go with one of the magnums. I have a 25 yr old Browning A Bolt in 30-06 with the Boss system. (pretty good gimmick there, very loud and I never been able to "tune it in" as theorized.) It still shoots 1.25 inch groups at 100 so I could use it fine.
Anyone have one of the Tikka T3x they can say something about? (another guaranteed sub moa budget rifle).

I'm brining this thread up again to get an update on both Poke15 Bergara rifle as well as DTS's ti Christensen.
How have you liked them now that you have lived with them for a while?
I'm looking for a reason to buy a new rifle for Elk but don't feel I need to go with one of the magnums. I have a 25 yr old Browning A Bolt in 30-06 with the Boss system. (pretty good gimmick there, very loud and I never been able to "tune it in" as theorized.) It still shoots 1.25 inch groups at 100 so I could use it fine.
Anyone have one of the Tikka T3x they can say something about? (another guaranteed sub moa budget rifle).
I have never seen a bad review of a Tikka. Bergera is extremely popular as well and have heard many happy stories.

Reactions: TexasCowPoke
I love my Bergara. I’m planning on picking one up in 300 win mag as well. The accuracy at that price point is hard to beat.

Reactions: TexasCowPoke
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT