ADVERTISEMENT

New Bixby coach

liljordan082006

Feb 8, 2012
Tulsa
I coach at Union and I shouldn’t be this excited about Bixby wrestling hiring a new coach but I think it’s such a great thing for Oklahoma wrestling as a whole. With women’s wrestling continuing to grow having a presence like hers in the state should be a valuable piece.

That is an amazing hire! After the OSU hires, new coaches moving to Oklahoma total 15 World/Olympic spots with one spot still open at OSU. Add to that ou hiring Mark Hall who never made a World/Olympic team but had an amazing 116-6 college record.

What is that building Bixbyb is putting up in the south end zone?

South end is new high school
North end is new athletic complex phase 1
More coming soon with new baseball and softball and new indoor

Reactions: tcpoke
South end is new high school
North end is new athletic complex phase 1
More coming soon with new baseball and softball and new indoor

Maybe not as soon as originally hoped, unfortunately.

No. It’s the new high school.
They probably assumed as good as they have gotten in most sports, they don’t do school work, so the new “high school” is really just an cover term for “athletic village” for us outsiders that they think they are fooling… It’s not working… 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: tcpoke
Read big article in TW week or two ago talking about FB facility/stadium project. Assumed that’s what it was.

Nope. That’s in the other end zone. And while cool, it’s not that large of a project and was actually scaled down for various reasons.

Read big article in TW week or two ago talking about FB facility/stadium project. Assumed that’s what it was.

It is really being built more out of necessity rather than a major statement type facility. It will be really nice but was sorely needed for room and simple amenities like showers and restrooms.

There will be better and nicer athletic upgrades down the road.

New facilities for FB. They had long outgrown their locker room and weight room.

Nope. It’s the new high school.

And the only new football facilities they are getting are new locker rooms and coaches offices. They will be operating out the same old two weight rooms that lack essentially every basic creature comfort.

I had read that in a TW story. I guess they were wrong or I read it wrong.

You read if wrong. The new football facilities are in the North Endzone (just adding on to the building already there) and the new high school is in the South endzone. The article clearly talks about both. It also never mentions anything about a weight room.

Reactions: SUPERPOKES
Nope. It’s the new high school.

And the only new football facilities they are getting are new locker rooms and coaches offices. They will be operating out the same old two weight rooms that lack essentially every basic creature comfort.
This is not entirely accurate cause 95% of the Oklahoma high schools would kill to have those rooms. You act like they are working out in a dungeon my sons love working out in them cause we care about results not some bs shiny new building.

Reactions: okcpokefan12
This is not entirely accurate cause 95% of the Oklahoma high schools would kill to have those rooms. You act like they are working out in a dungeon my sons love working out in them cause we care about results not some bs shiny new building.

What they will build in 3 years will blow your mind. My son doesn’t mind the current weight rooms at all either, but it’s also because he doesn’t know any different! lol

As far as he’s concerned the powerhouse and multipurpose are state of the art.

Reactions: osu1988
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT