ADVERTISEMENT

New beer recommendation

Marshal Jim Duncan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 22, 2013
Hop Hunter IPA from Sierra Nevada. Top flight. Brewed with distilled hop oil is the distinction.

Anyone else tried anything new they really like?

I sampled some Kerkom Reusse this afternoon. It's a blended lambic with some hop to it. Kerkom is a pretty old Belgian brewery, and Reusse was their first beer (but not brewed in ages, so they brought it back). I picked up a couple of bottles. It's distributed by the same people who distribute Prairie, so you might be able to find it around.

Last week I had an imperial porter brewed with caramelized plantains: El Bizaron by 5 Rabbit (Chicago) in collaboration with Cigar City (Tampa). Homebrewing legend Randy Mosher is part-owner of 5 Rabbit.

Also last week, I beat the odds and secured a ticket to Dark Lord Day. I've been shut-out the last two years, and only scored single bottles by way of calling in favors from dudes who scored tickets. This will build my stock of Dark Lord to include 2007-2015. I should maybe start drinking some of them.

I've had the Hop Hunter. Really good IMO. A poor man's Zombie Dust almost.

Hey Anodyne, I'll be at Dark Lord Day this year too. Group B. Maybe our paths will cross?

Originally posted by LouKY Poke:
I've had the Hop Hunter. Really good IMO. A poor man's Zombie Dust almost.

Hey Anodyne, I'll be at Dark Lord Day this year too. Group B. Maybe our paths will cross?
I'm also Group B. My plan is to get there and get out ASAP. I'll catch up on live Metal some other time. Give me an email or Twitter name or something and I'll shoot you a line before then. Maybe we can swap some beers, if there's something in Louisville that I can't get in Chicago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT