tcpoke

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2004
I've watched the following over the last few months:

Narcos
Jessica Jones
Daredevil
(Not a comic guy, but really enjoyed both of the last two. Narcos was great as well)

So what should be next?

Not a Netflix series, but I think you can watch it on Netflix. I am hearing great things about Peaky Blinders. Probably next on my list after I finish the current season of The Knick.

I've enjoyed Peaky Blinders, not quite through season 2 yet. To me it's what I wanted Boardwalk Empire to be but never quite accomplished.

This is a 10 part series that comes to Netflix tomorrow and it looks great:

We also get some Bill Burr greatness Tomorrow:

Very NSFW

Agree 100% on Longmire. Forgot to include that on my list.

I will check out Bloodline.

Bloodline was good until the final scene. I also don't see the point of a second season. Ben Mendolsohn kinda made the show for me.

Bloodline was good until the final scene. I also don't see the point of a second season. Ben Mendolsohn kinda made the show for me.
I kind of get that. He was the best part of it, but I don't think he was the only good part of the show. It remained bus to be seen whether the 2nd season will turn out to be worth it. I bet Mendolsohn will me in it in flashbacks.

I like Longmire a lot, but either they need to change the episodes to be more like the old "Movie of the Week" format ( 1-1/2 hrs) or they need to expand their episode count. The season/episodes are just not long enough.

Definitely bingeworthy:
Peaky Blinders
House of Cards...American version with Kevin Spacey...haven't checked out the much older BBC version.
&
Lilyhammer...surprisingly awesome...Steven Van Zandt is great...unfortunately canceled after 3 short seasons.

Narcos is good, but not bingeworthy enough to keep you up watching the next one.

I wanted to like Bloodline, but the dang 1st episode was so freaking boring I barely made it through and never got back to the 2nd.

Loved Longmire on A&E, are there new episodes on Netflix?

Definitely bingeworthy:
Peaky Blinders
House of Cards...American version with Kevin Spacey...haven't checked out the much older BBC version.
&
Lilyhammer...surprisingly awesome...Steven Van Zandt is great...unfortunately canceled after 3 short seasons.

Narcos is good, but not bingeworthy enough to keep you up watching the next one.

I wanted to like Bloodline, but the dang 1st episode was so freaking boring I barely made it through and never got back to the 2nd.

Loved Longmire on A&E, are there new episodes on Netflix?

Yes on Longmire, whole new season. I believe it was 10 episodes. Already renewed for another season.

I thought Bloodline was excellent. Great cast, interesting way the story was presented. I do agree it was a little slow the first 1-2 episodes.

Good gosh don't waste ur time on Dexter. That was seriously the worst last season and finale of a show in the history of mankind

If you're into British crime drama, Broadchurch, Luther and The Fall are all good. I like Broadchurch the most. Short seasons and easy to binge.

Black Mirror is a truly unique show.

I think Rectify is one of the best shows I've ever watched. Red Road is good too. Both Sundance originals.

The BBC version of Sherlock is awesome.
Just binge watched the 4 seasons of the Tudors. Very cool.

Thanks TC for the Jessica Jones suggestion. I'm only on episode 5 but maybe the best Marvels show yet.

Good gosh don't waste ur time on Dexter. That was seriously the worst last season and finale of a show in the history of mankind

The last season certainly had its flaws, but you probably don't have to dismiss the entire series because of it. I'd say the at least the first 3 or 4 seasons were comparable to most of the series that gets thrown around in these threads.

Just finished binge watching Jessica Jones. Holy crap that was dark. It was kind of like Veronica Mars meets Heros meets Se7en meets Lost Girl. Can't wait to binge watch the next season. Thanks for the recommendation.

Reactions: tcpoke
If you have never watched, be sure to watch Twin Peaks on Netflix. Very unique show, especially considering it was on 25 years ago. I first watched it about 5 years ago....still surprised it was even on TV back then.

Plus, the sequel due out next year:

I watched episode 1 of Making a Murderer last night. It looks promising.

My gf and I tried to watch Jessica Jones, but didn't make it past 4 or 5 episodes. We thought the acting was terrible and couldn't buy in to her powers. Does it get better?

I have to second Sherlock. Awesome show. If you're into quirky scifi and BBC shows, the incarnation of Dr Who beginning in 2005 is pretty good.

Reactions: CrazyChuckCarbo
I don't know if it is on Netflix or not, but Amazon has a show call Newsroom that is excellent. Have been watching that one. Also been watching Brotherhood on Hulu.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT