ADVERTISEMENT

Native Americas - Pre-Columbian History in high resolution

OrangeTuono

Starter
Gold Member
Nov 27, 2023
Dr. Jeanson applies Y Chromosome DNA analysis to cross map DNA, historical accounts and archeological findings to provide data backed pre-Columbian Native American history. He adds significant resolution to pre-Columbian.

If any of you have tribal history knowledge it might be worth sharing with Dr. Jeanson.

Would be interested if @Sunburnt Indian can do some Mensa level noodling on this for us.

Dr. Jeanson applies Y Chromosome DNA analysis to cross map DNA, historical accounts and archeological findings to provide data backed pre-Columbian Native American history. He adds significant resolution to pre-Columbian.

If any of you have tribal history knowledge it might be worth sharing with Dr. Jeanson.

Would be interested if @Sunburnt Indian can do some Mensa level noodling on this for us.

Fascinating. Watched the entire video. If I'm interpreting what he says correctly, there was a coordinated mass migration of peoples from the continent east of present-day Alaska across the Aleutian Islands. Then, relatively shortly after arrival to North America, they began splitting off in eastwardly and southerly directions, with some staying behind in the area of Alaska and western Canada. Then, in a later era, some of the peoples left the area of the Great Lakes and headed southwest. I find it interesting that the Shawnee wound up first in eastern Florida before migration northward and westward. Sounds like American Indian accounts of their own history and migratory paths has been largely accurate all along. He didn't mention the Choctaw, Cherokee, Chickasaw, Creek or Seminoles. Would love to hear him discuss these tribes. Recently found out that I'm one-sixteenth Choctaw and one-sixteenth Cherokee. My paternal great grandfather was James Darneal, last sheriff of the Choctaw Nation in Oklahoma. He was also an executioner for the Choctaw Nation.

Last edited:
Fascinating. Watched the entire video. If I'm interpreting what he says correctly, there was a coordinated mass migration of peoples from the continent east of present-day Alaska across the Aleutian Islands. Then, relatively shortly after arrival to North America, they began splitting off in eastwardly and southerly directions, with some staying behind in the area of Alaska and western Canada. Then, in a later era, some of the peoples left the area of the Great Lakes and headed southwest. I find it interesting that the Shawnee wound up first in eastern Florida before migration northward and westerward. Sounds like American Indian accounts of their own history and migratory paths has been largely accurate all along. He didn't mention the Choctaw, Cherokee, Chickasaw, Creek or Seminoles. Would love to hear him discuss these tribes. Recently found out that I'm one-sixteenth Choctaw and one-sixteenth Cherokee. My paternal great grandfather was James Darneal, last sheriff of the Choctaw Nation in Oklahoma. He was also an executioner for the Choctaw Nation.
Sounds like your Great Grandfather was a great guy to hang around with.

Fascinating. Watched the entire video. If I'm interpreting what he says correctly, there was a coordinated mass migration of peoples from the continent east of present-day Alaska across the Aleutian Islands. Then, relatively shortly after arrival to North America, they began splitting off in eastwardly and southerly directions, with some staying behind in the area of Alaska and western Canada. Then, in a later era, some of the peoples left the area of the Great Lakes and headed southwest. I find it interesting that the Shawnee wound up first in eastern Florida before migration northward and westerward. Sounds like American Indian accounts of their own history and migratory paths has been largely accurate all along. He didn't mention the Choctaw, Cherokee, Chickasaw, Creek or Seminoles. Would love to hear him discuss these tribes. Recently found out that I'm one-sixteenth Choctaw and one-sixteenth Cherokee. My paternal great grandfather was James Darneal, last sheriff of the Choctaw Nation in Oklahoma. He was also an executioner for the Choctaw Nation.
You are spot on. The sachem chronology back tracking is so simple and does line up well with the archaeological and genetic records making it far from the "myths" that Native histories have been cast as. This video was primarily on the Algic wave in 900 AD pushed out of Asia by the Mongol induced pressures. These Aglic would have been new peoples into North America pushing into the 5 Civilized Tribes. The 5 Civilized Tribes came over much earlier so were the peoples the Algic's fought with and displaced. Check out his other videos as he covers these tribes/linguistic groups very well also. Jeanson does an amazing job our Muscogean linguistic (Muskogee/Creek/Seminole, Choctaw, Chickasaw) and Iroquian (Cherokee) tribe migrations as well. He traces significant trade, migration with the Mexican empires pre-Algic influx/invasion.

If you've got some oral history to share, you might reach out to Jeanson. You never know if it's a critical piece to the puzzle.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
Great Great grandmother was Cherokee. Quite a few cousins are 1/2 Cherokee born to my Dads Sister and her Cherokee husband.
I also have a black niece yet I am a Racist Trump Supporter.
You have East Asian DNA. All American Indians have East Asian DNA with Cherokee having the most. Cherokee are believed to have walked across the Bering Strait to North America 13,000 years ago.

I'm always careful to say "Blackfeet." Never "Blackfoot."

Having Sub-Saharan African DNA in one's Family Group does not prevent racist tendencies.

You have East Asian DNA. All American Indians have East Asian DNA with Cherokee having the most. Cherokee are believed to have walked across the Bering Strait to North America 13,000 years ago.

I'm always careful to say "Blackfeet." Never "Blackfoot."

Having Sub-Saharan African DNA in one's Family Group does not prevent racist tendencies.
You are correct.

Reactions: iasooner2000

You posted the next video in this series but I can't find the thread. I watched about half to three-quarters of the second one and would like to finish it.

Reactions: OrangeTuono
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT