ADVERTISEMENT

More leftist idiocy, this from Berkeley

This is what it looks like when policies are made based on feelings and emotions. Those council idiots should go ride with the police to see what reality looks like.

This! If I were the police chief's of these major cities, I'd be making this exact statement. "You want to change how we do things. You want to cut our funding. Come spend a day in our shoes. Come meet your citizens in something other than a photo op."

During my 12 years as a "professional tourist", I offered myself as a tour guide to white liberals. I had means to drive and walk them up and down Alameda in east central L A and other war zones nation wide. I never got a taker.

I knew how to get back onto I-10 and the 405 who's signs were usually covered over by graffiti. I always sat in the NE corner at McDonald's off Alameda to keep an eye on the clientele.

Police are fun to watch in war zones, Front row seats in war zones is an education.

This is what it looks like when policies are made based on feelings and emotions. Those council idiots should go ride with the police to see what reality looks like.
Those council idiots could see what police do every Friday and Saturday nights but the network got the heebie-jeebies and cancelled LivePD.

Reactions: iasooner1
If I had drugs and a pistol I wouldn't be too concerned about a city employee merely enforcing traffic laws.

Reactions: davidallen
First time someone has hardcore illegal drugs in the car and a pistol.
Why? You are getting a speeding ticket, if you pull over at all. The dynamic will change. If you were worried about kids getting run down by baddies then I might understand this gnashing of teeth.

If I had drugs and a pistol I wouldn't be too concerned about a city employee merely enforcing traffic laws.

You are probably right. No sane meter maid would dare risk their life doing anything beyond writing a ticket. Meanwhile criminals have free reign to move drugs, firearms and anything else they want without fear of repercussions.

Because cops aren’t writing tickets? WTF people. You embarrass me with this stupidity.
Uh, dave, you do realize that cops do more than write tickets on traffic stops, right? Ever hear of those traffic stops that turn into the apprehension of a wanted felon or the discovery of 40 kgs of cocaine and firearms? Weird how that happens.

How productive, in terms of real priorities, is that time?

If they arrest someone with a warrant related to a violent crime, I’d call that time well spent.

What point are you trying to make? Or are you just settling in with your Pinot for some evening entertainment?

Well, considering traffic stops can lead to the removal of intoxicated people, criminals, drugs, guns, etc from the street, I'd say it's pretty productive. But then again, my view of law enforcement isn't shaped by feels and emotions. I've been working along side law enforcement for more than 25 years so I actually know what they do.

You are probably right. No sane meter maid would dare risk their life doing anything beyond writing a ticket. Meanwhile criminals have free reign to move drugs, firearms and anything else they want without fear of repercussions.
Oh no drugs!

You can't be for real. A large percentage of criminal apprehensions are because of traffic stops.

Do you you really want to drive on streets and highways that don't have any law enforcement to ensure compliance with traffic laws?

I'm not sure what is below moronic, inbecellic maybe? Whatever it is the left has surpassed it.

You can't be for real. A large percentage of criminal apprehensions are because of traffic stops.
You got some data to back up your assertion? I'll admit I am going by gut feel here...
Do you you really want to drive on streets and highways that don't have any law enforcement to ensure compliance with traffic laws?
Your presumption that there would no longer be any enforcement of traffic laws is dumb. Is this you?
radar-automatique-amusant-01.jpg

I'm not sure what is below moronic, inbecellic maybe? Whatever it is the left has surpassed it.
"inbecellic" - ironic much?

Well, considering traffic stops can lead to the removal of intoxicated people, criminals, drugs, guns, etc from the street, I'd say it's pretty productive. But then again, my view of law enforcement isn't shaped by feels and emotions. I've been working along side law enforcement for more than 25 years so I actually know what they do.
What about this particular proposal means we won't remove intoxicated people? Is that a traffic violation? Are you that ****ing stupid? DO I NEED TO EDUCATE YOU THAT DUI IS A FELONY?

If they arrest someone with a warrant related to a violent crime, I’d call that time well spent.

What point are you trying to make? Or are you just settling in with your Pinot for some evening entertainment?
Good call. The Pinot however only started slowing about 30 mins ago - the uber point here is some people work very hard to be offended at a policy proposal - so much so that their IQ will drop approximately 30 points in the process.

Medic for instance thinks that a DUI is a mere traffic offense. Have you ever heard of something so stupid?

So are these individuals going to be wearing uniforms and be in police cars or civilian vehicles? Are they getting the same equipment (computers, radar guns, etc) other than being unarmed? And if so, how is this defunding police other than to call traffic enforcement by a name other than policing. And if not, then half the violators won't stop for a civilian car (why not, what's he going to do, call a real cop?), and anyone who does stop will likely be able to beat any ticket written for lack of evidence assuming the 'civilian' actually shows up in court. Any real enforcement would go out the window.

So are these individuals going to be wearing uniforms and be in police cars or civilian vehicles? Are they getting the same equipment (computers, radar guns, etc) other than being unarmed? And if so, how is this defunding police other than to call traffic enforcement by a name other than policing. And if not, then half the violators won't stop for a civilian car (why not, what's he going to do, call a real cop?), and anyone who does stop will likely be able to beat any ticket written for lack of evidence assuming the 'civilian' actually shows up in court. Any real enforcement would go out the window.
See @trapped_in_tx - another example....

... the uber point here is some people work very hard to be offended at a policy proposal - so much so that their IQ will drop approximately 30 points in the process.

Medic for instance thinks that a DUI is a mere traffic offense. Have you ever heard of something so stupid?

What about this particular proposal means we won't remove intoxicated people? Is that a traffic violation? Are you that ****ing stupid? DO I NEED TO EDUCATE YOU THAT DUI IS A FELONY?
Good lord you're on the tardpath today. Intoxicated drivers are never stopped because of minor traffic offenses...

Are these civilian employees going to be trained to recognize intoxicated people? Are they going to be trained as DREs and how to administer field sobriety tests? Thanks for making my point that you lefties are full blown idiots.

Good call. The Pinot however only started slowing about 30 mins ago - the uber point here is some people work very hard to be offended at a policy proposal - so much so that their IQ will drop approximately 30 points in the process.

Dave, sorry bruh, but none of us are "offended" by the left's cliff dive into idiocy. We're laughing at you dumbasses.

Good lord you're on the tardpath today. Intoxicated drivers are never stopped because of minor traffic offenses...

Are these civilian employees going to be trained to recognize intoxicated people? Are they going to be trained as DREs and how to administer field sobriety tests? Thanks for making my point that you lefties are full blown idiots.
Uh huh. I think the tard-is today is you. Why would you presume that a cop who decided not to pull over a speeder, perhaps calling it in to someone else, would somehow ignore stopping a swerving driver?

Do you really think that a DUI is the same as a moving violation? Your cop friends must be embarassed at your silly ass.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT