ADVERTISEMENT

Modern Country Music

Where is the heavy rock/metal thread?

I like several on Thurm's list, but none as much as the stuff Dwight has put out the last several years. His last two albums have been amazing.

We could start one, but it would just be me, you and JR Murphy nerding out and scaring the others. Maybe Megapoke mumbling about KISS once and awhile when we let him out of his room to talk.

Reactions: shortbus and gipraw
Anybody see Isbell in Oklahoma? Saw him last night in OKC and it was amazing. My first time to see him live and I had high hopes. He blew them away. My ears are still ringing.

Anybody see Isbell in Oklahoma? Saw him last night in OKC and it was amazing. My first time to see him live and I had high hopes. He blew them away. My ears are still ringing.
Caught the show in Tulsa Saturday .. Gets better every time I think

A lot of it is my ignorance and the fact I tend to gravitate to his softer stuff but I was not expecting it to be as rocking (for lack of better words) as it was. His guitar playing was amazing. Lucero also was great.

Caught Jason Isbell and he was great! Loved it, but that shaky graves was terrrrrrrrible

I thought shakey was great. Thoroughly entertaining.

Jason's band is so good. Sadler Vaden is a great guitarist in his own right, and he's like the Michael Anthony of the band ... His high harmonies are so good! They are just so very tight. Every show I see they get better.

Love that they pulled out "never gonna change". Whole crowd was on it's feet at the end and, if you looked closely, you got to see @Honduee busting a move.

Kinda wish I'd gone to the criterion last night too.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
John Moreland has back to back blue door dates in early December. If you've never, you should.

John Moreland has back to back blue door dates in early December. If you've never, you should.

Got tickets as soon as I saw it mentioned. I've never seen him live so I'm real pumped.

Turnpike Troubadors @ The Cain's Ballroom, Friday & Saturday 12/30 and 12/31. I'm planning on going to the Friday show.

Great list! Bingham is kind of in the same category with McMurtry. I don't know Whitey Morgan. What about:

• Jason Isbell
  • Lucinda Williams
  • Lucero
  • Turnpike Troubadours???

Turnpike Troubadours are going to do two shows at the Caines in December. Fantastic band. I still can't figure out why the picked Norman to call their homebase.

I sniped some tix to the Friday T Troub show . It will be my first time to see them.

Jason Eady's new Album, "Jason Eady" is terrific IMO. Love the slower and moodier stuff.

Read Southall band. Young but talented enough to be around a long time. Out of Stillwater.

Just announced that Isbell is coming back to OKC on Sept. 24 at the Criterion.

BLACK OAK ARKANSAS!!!

Jim Dandy Mangrum. End of thread.

Frank Turner is an interesting choice as an opener for Isbell.

Moreland's new one drops the 5th. Interesting to see how a married and happy John translates.

Reactions: Marshal Jim Duncan
I really liked the songs I've heard from Moreland, Isbell and Stapleton. Should be a great month and a half of music. Just got an e-mail saying my Moreland pre-order shipped so I should have it pretty soon.

If you have access to country music from the 60,s 70's and 80's I don't understand the reasoning to even give this new stuff a chance.

Man that feels so cranky old man to type that. Sevin Spanish angels and poncho and lefty are just a snap of the fingers away.

Reactions: Deepfork
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT