ADVERTISEMENT

Minor League Pay

purkey

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
here is a quick article on the pay in the minors....only paid 5 months of the year, while the season is on going. Don't know how you'd survive off of this, but they figure a way to do it. This will impact some decisions on what to do, I'm betting. Of course, they aren't doing it for the pay!

Minor league players’ pay has improved

Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred defended the sport’s treatment of minor leaguers, prompting immediate criticism from the players’ advocacy group.

'I kind of reject the premise of the question that minor league players are not paid a living wage,' Manfred told the Baseball Writers’ Association of America before Tuesday’s All-Star Game.

'I think that we’ve made real strides in the last few years in terms of what minor league players are paid, even putting to one side the signing bonuses that many of them have already received. They receive housing, which obviously is another form of compensation.'

MLB raised minimum salaries in 2021 , increasing Class A pay from $290 to $500 per week, Double-A from $350 to $600, and Triple-A from $502 to $700 over the roughly five-month season. Players are only paid in-season.

• Wow
Reactions: OSUIvan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News