ADVERTISEMENT

Midway

The Duke

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Austin TX
Just saw the film, I give it high marks for the challenging CGI but in particular the attention to detail and historical facts the movie stayed true to.

No stupid fake romances.
No composite characters - every actor who speaks represents a real, historical person.

Worthwhile tribute to our veterans, in particular to the naval aviators and sailors that turned the tide of the war in the dark days of 1942.

Just saw the film, I give it high marks for the challenging CGI but in particular the attention to detail and historical facts the movie stayed true to.

No stupid fake romances.
No composite characters - every actor who speaks represents a real, historical person.

Worthwhile tribute to our veterans, in particular to the naval aviators and sailors that turned the tide of the war in the dark days of 1942.

on the heels of dunkirk

your excellent review hit all the points i would want to see addressed

No stupid fake romances.

They completely ignored the romances from the battle of Midway?

the streamers I've seen make it look like a video game...

I don't know.

I still prefer other war inspired titles like 'Top Bum', 'Das Booty', and 'Bridge Over the River KY'.

Reactions: The Duke
Wasn’t there romance in the original Midway? Charleston Hestons son on the PT boat who left his Japanese detainee girlfriend behind.

Wasn’t there romance in the original Midway? Charleston Hestons son on the PT boat who left his Japanese detainee girlfriend behind.

His son was a fighter pilot. Made it back alive but Heston crashed on the carrier after battle damage. It was a really irritating subplot with the fake love story.

John Wayne’s son in ‘In Harms Way’ was a PT boat skipper w a girlfriend.

Yes, I’m a war movie junkie.

Reactions: docosu
His son was a fighter pilot. Made it back alive but Heston crashed on the carrier after battle damage. It was a really irritating subplot with the fake love story.

John Wayne’s son in ‘In Harms Way’ was a PT boat skipper w a girlfriend.

Yes, I’m a war movie junkie.

As I was typing that, John Wayne popped in my head but I couldn’t put it all together. Thanks for updating.

Reactions: The Duke
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT