ADVERTISEMENT

Mega...talked up your band tonite to a friend...

Rulz

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jan 10, 2005
At least what I remember. Been a long time since I saw DTK show. And I haven't been on FB much. You guys still going strong?

Still remember (kinda), that night at MacDaddys/The Drink/whatever the hell it was called. The night I single handedly pretty much ended the DTK show by getting you guys so damned drunk it wasn't even funny lol.

Gawd...that was like 10 years ago or something.

At least what I remember. Been a long time since I saw DTK show. And I haven't been on FB much. You guys still going strong?

Still remember (kinda), that night at MacDaddys/The Drink/whatever the hell it was called. The night I single handedly pretty much ended the DTK show by getting you guys so damned drunk it wasn't even funny lol.

Gawd...that was like 10 years ago or something.

Funny you mention that show. For a medium sized venue, I run into more people who say they were at that show than any other, and we've done probably 50 shows at places that size or much larger in the Tulsa area over the last 10 years. It's crazy how often that show gets brought up.

It stands out to me for two reasons. One, a guy got shot outside the venue before the show started. Several hours earlier while we were inside setting up for soundcheck. A couple of guys got in a fight and someone pulled a gun out in the street - and this is 18th and Boston, not a high crime area. They had the whole intersection taped off with crime scene tape for two hours and we were afraid it would keep people from being able to get to the venue, park etc. It got cleared about an hour before the Zeppelin guys started.

Two, the Zeppelin guys ran long and we started 45 minutes late. To stay loose, I had a couple of rum and cokes. I don't really drink much during DTK shows because too much can go wrong between the tall boots and handling fire. But after starting late and already feeling pretty loose, you bring a tray full of Jager shots! I don't know how many made it to the rest of the guys, but I was the only one who could accurately be described as "drunk" and they weren't all that happy with me because I learned that when drunk I am good enough only to either stay in character, or play/sing correctly, but not both. I was pretty sloppy musically that night, but we were so loud I am sure most of my f-ups were noticeable mainly to me and my bandmates - who bring it up to this day.

Not quite 10 years ago. Would've been about 7 I think. Maybe 8.

Here are a few pics from that show.

205363_1009661291493_9491_n.jpg

199995_1009661331494_9783_n.jpg

207531_1009661371495_96_n.jpg

Still playing. Not nearly as often as we used to, but yep. We still book shows, I just don't market them a lot. We've had a lot of nice big, fun charity concert opportunities fall into our laps the last few years and have played the Cains Ballroom 3 times along with some other shows here and there. Next one on the schedule is a big street party in BA this March. And then a big multi-band event in Okmulgee this summer. Probably will wind up with a few other shows for 2016, but not more than 5 or 6 total. Just don't have the time anymore.

Reactions: CowboyJD
Damn...those pics bring back memories of that night. I got myself too drunk too, I ended up getting carted out of there by the people I was with. I think I left kinda early lol. And yeah, I remember that, seemed like it took forever for the first band to get done. I had planned on chatting you guys up during a break, but I went on one of my drunk rants (friendly rant, but I tend to get kinda ratatat and lose people lol) and I woke up at some house later, puked, and then slept.

The real comedy came the next day when I looked at the bar tab....I guess I got friendly and bought drinks for damn near the whole bar. Being single and stupid at that time, it was easier to absorb hits like that lol. If I did that today, my wife would kick me square in the nuts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT