ADVERTISEMENT

Marlin rifles

Rulz

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jan 10, 2005
Is it true what I have heard about them? Having some quality issues since around 2007 or so? I have never owned one, but I was on YouTube and saw a video of some guy just blasting Marlin. Quite a few folks joined in on the comments. I have a buddy that swears by them, he's had some from the 70s, 80s, etc.

I have a 1895 GBL .45-70 that I bot 18 months ago and haven't had any trouble with it at all. I bot a Rossi before that and it was awful.

Rossi and some of the other lower grade guns, I think you get what you pay for. I have a .410 single shot Rossi I keep around just for squirrels and whatnot. It's a young gun my dad bought awhile back. It does the job but you can tell it took about 5 minutes to make lol. Pretty thin steel on the barrel for my taste.

I guess I didn't know Remington bought out Marlin a few years back. Someone made the comment that they didn't have experience with lever guns (Remington) and that coupled with some apparent "damage by the employees of Marlin that all lost their jobs" was the reasoning by the initial quality issues. Apparently that was all worked out now and the guns off the line nowadays are better.

Rulz don't buy any RemLin rifles. They are not good and most Remington firearms are not what they were 20 years ago. If you are looking at a Marlin a real Marlin has a "JM" marked barrel. Remlins have an R I believe. I have a Marlin 386 30-30. Old one from the 1970s. It is excellent.

https://www.henryrifles.com/new-rif...&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=New for 2015 2

Won't be buying anything but Henry rifles for awhile. I have sort of got my tactical gear and rifles all put together as well so now I'm focusing on more of the collector type guns. Just bought the 2nd Edition Original Henry Engraved 1 of 1000. I have the first edition, figured I would snag this one because it became available to me and they are usually either snapped up quick or placed on Gunbroker for outrageous prices (at least compared to what most retail).

I want the same gun in the Iron Frame edition, I figured it would be made available soon since they auctioned one off last spring. My dealer still can't get one and they aren't on Gunbroker at this time that I have seen. Here's a link to the Henry website showing the new guns with the iron frame down close to the bottom I think...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT