ADVERTISEMENT

markwayne is a savant

It didn't take a rocket scientist or insider trader to know to buy Raytheon after Oct. 07th. They make the missiles used in the Iron Dome and in other portions of Israel's military.

While I question why public officials can buy stocks at all, or why they don't have to at least go through a pre-approval process to do those purchases (as I have too), this particular transaction was a no brainer that ANYONE could have done.

Seems like cherry picking here. Show us his entire portfolio and lets see the stocks that missed as well as the hits. It doesn't take an insider or policy maker to pick Raytheon.

That’s correct, it doesn’t.

The problem is that it’s obviously a conflict of interest, because there’s no way to prove that someone on the armed services committee isn’t acting on insider information.

The peons in the private workforce have insider trading rules and blackout windows. I presume government employees within the vast, bloated exec branch bureaucracy also have them.

These rules should apply to everyone. Congress critters have access to some of the most sensitive and impactful information in the world, and the idea that there’s no restriction on them profiting from such information is just disgusting.

Even worse, the ability to profit in this way can easily influence decision making, and that’s probably the worst part.

That’s correct, it doesn’t.

The problem is that it’s obviously a conflict of interest, because there’s no way to prove that someone on the armed services committee isn’t acting on insider information.

The peons in the private workforce have insider trading rules and blackout windows. I presume government employees within the vast, bloated exec branch bureaucracy also have them.

These rules should apply to everyone. Congress critters have access to some of the most sensitive and impactful information in the world, and the idea that there’s no restriction on them profiting from such information is just disgusting.

Even worse, the ability to profit in this way can easily influence decision making, and that’s probably the worst part.
I've stated before that I work for the clearinghouse used by the stock exchanges (DTCC). The rules for me to trade individual stocks are extensive. I am not allowed to trade options. I am not allowed to short. I must register all of my and my direct family's trading accounts. I must pre-clear all individual stock transactions prior to purchase. And once I submit a request for a trade clearance, I have 3 days to execute the trade before I have to re-request said trade. Once I make a purchase (or sell), I cannot trade that security again for 30 days. The only exception is that I am allowed to pre-define a stop-loss trade on a purchase, but again, I have to declare it at the time of purchase. Failure to adhere to this requires me to attend additional training sessions and deliberate violations will result in my termination. I have no idea why this isn't at least the minimum standard for Congress.

Seems like cherry picking here. Show us his entire portfolio and lets see the stocks that missed as well as the hits. It doesn't take an insider or policy maker to pick Raytheon.

same modus operandi with badger meter up 31% ytd

Would like to know when the EPA decision was made public and when he made the stock purchase.
epa announcement 5/23
bought stock in badger meter 1/4/24
tulsa announces city contract
to use badger meter 1/21/24

Advanced Metering Infrastructure | US EPA

Advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) offers frequent (e.g., hourly) water usage data that can be monitored to understand water use.
www.epa.gov

Markwayne Mullin bought Badger Meter Inc (BMI:US) on 2024-01-04

Markwayne Mullin bought $8000 of Badger Meter Inc (BMI:US) on 2024-01-04. He filed the trade after 22 days.
www.capitoltrades.com

City of Tulsa

www.cityoftulsa.org

Reactions: wyomingosualum
I've stated before that I work for the clearinghouse used by the stock exchanges (DTCC). The rules for me to trade individual stocks are extensive. I am not allowed to trade options. I am not allowed to short. I must register all of my and my direct family's trading accounts. I must pre-clear all individual stock transactions prior to purchase. And once I submit a request for a trade clearance, I have 3 days to execute the trade before I have to re-request said trade. Once I make a purchase (or sell), I cannot trade that security again for 30 days. The only exception is that I am allowed to pre-define a stop-loss trade on a purchase, but again, I have to declare it at the time of purchase. Failure to adhere to this requires me to attend additional training sessions and deliberate violations will result in my termination. I have no idea why this isn't at least the minimum standard for Congress.
Wow.

Seems like you’d show us some love, bro.

We wouldn’t tell.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT