ADVERTISEMENT

Making Changes

bigpoke24

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2001
Not sure what’s going on with the team right now but it isn’t good. It’s one thing to lose a game fighting. It’s another to go to Kansas two weeks in a row and walk away feeling like the team didn’t get off the bus.

A few thoughts on making changes. You have coaches that can or should make changes. Then you have changes to the coaching staff that can be made. When things are working it’s easy to say no changes need to be made. When things aren’t working it’s easy to say fire a certain coach.

After giving it a lot of thought after wanting both of our coordinators fired out of frustration after the past two weeks here is where I’m at currently.

We have seen the OSU offense be efficient and working well under Dunn despite oline issues. Last year at this time nobody was calling for Dunn’s job. In fact, many of us were impressed by the job he was doing and our offense seemed to be clicking. So when things were going well even last season what were the complaints and issues? Spencer’s turnovers and the oline.

The common theme of frustration the past few years weather good or not good has been the oline. I really liked the Dickey hire. In fact, at the time we made it I loved it. Besides ou, Kstate was putting the most olineman in the nfl then any other school in the big 12. That was happening under Dickeys watch at Kstate. His track record spoke for itself.

But I think what has happened is that what Synder and Kstate were asking their olineman to do in their system is very different from what we have our olineman do in our system. I don’t think it has lined up well at all.

Our oline isn’t helping anyone. Our Rbs have to basically find their own success. Jaylen Warren was a stud Rb but he did a lot of what he did on his own. Our oline didn’t help him out much. We complain about Spencer’s Turnovers, and some of that was on him for sure, but this oline has not helped him out the past two years.

I don’t know that I am ready to dump Dunn but I think it’s time for Dickey and OSU to part ways. I’m sick of the oline struggles. It feels like an eternity since we have had a decent oline.

As far as defense goes. Like the offense the defense has an osu system(JK system) like we do on offense, we asked a DC to come in and run our system. It seemed like Mason was willing to do that. We heard about deconstruction in order to learn it and put it back together again in the off-season.

It’s not working out. And to be honest, he isn’t running the OSU defensive system from last year.

our dline was suppose to be one of the best in college football. It’s a shell of itself and isn’t even being used properly. Dropping them in coverage isn’t the answer.

The Joe Bob experiment as LB coach isn’t working out. Move him back to the dline.

The fear here to me is if a change isn’t made it’s going to get way worse.

Our guys don’t seem to be responding to the coaching. Something here needs to happen to change it. You simply don’t give up as many yards rushing as we did yesterday.

Perhaps Masons time in Stilly should be short lived.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News