ADVERTISEMENT

Little Rock

OHkie

Redshirt
Oct 14, 2018
They have been accepted to the PAC 12 as an affiliate member. Also said there will be an announcement soon about an assistant coach with a cowboy flair to them. This could be a number of former Oklahoma State guys, it could also be somebody from Wyoming like Teyon Ware.

Reactions: okstatefan
Neil wanted to get into the Big XII and probably still hopes for that in the future. Nice to have another DI program in the area. How many years before they beat OU?

Neil wanted to get into the Big XII and probably still hopes for that in the future. Nice to have another DI program in the area. How many years before they beat OU?
I thought I heard one time that there might be plans to absorb the PAC 12 into the big 12 for wrestling.

I thought I heard one time that there might be plans to absorb the PAC 12 into the big 12 for wrestling.

If not a full merger, the math makes sense for qualifying-meet purposes. Get all of the qualifiers into more of a regional feel.

Big 12 + Pac-12 = 18
EIWA = 17
MAC = 15
Big Ten = 14
ACC + SoCon = 13

There will also need to be a landing spot for Augustana (S.D.) when they do their transition to D-I.

Wrestling needs to move away from a conference qualifier and into regional qualifiers. I also think teams should be able to enter more than 1 wrestler per weight, but only one per weight can score team points.

The Cowboy connection ended up being a Kowboy connection as the former coach of Osceola HS in Kissimmee Florida and Southeastern University, Javier Maldonado was named assistant.

Flo cast talked about OU opposition because Little Rock has an OSU coach giving us more power in conference decisions and selections.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT