ADVERTISEMENT

Little Ferrari

biocowboy

Redshirt
Nov 29, 2015
Looks like he had a big win recently. I am dying to know if our staff has the nerve to stay in touch with him over the next few years? Seems like it would not hurt.

• Wow
Reactions: vhsalum
The dad wasn’t the one sexually assaulting girls and robbing, but no.

I have hope for Angelo that he can carve his own path, but the more success he has I worry he might end up being a low life idiot like the other two. He already does that annoying flex like AJ after he wins.

The dad wasn’t the one sexually assaulting girls and robbing, but no.

I have hope for Angelo that he can carve his own path, but the more success he has I worry he might end up being a low life idiot like the other two. He already does that annoying flex like AJ after he wins.
Have you met the dad?

I guess I am just hoping the best for the kid.I don’t know him but was hoping to give him the benefit of the doubt.He should really get a fair shake regardless of his family.He could be the real difference maker we need and has done nothing to date that I am aware of.I know lots of families with issues where some of the kids are good people.I guess am just hoping we can get some difference makers to stay relevant.

I watched him at the Junior Duals a few years ago and I was not impressed with his on the mat behavior. Many times when someone scored on him, he would look up like he was surprised and the call was bad - shrugging his shoulders and having a pouting look on his face.
Are you guys sure he is a good kid and not a problem?

Fortunately I haven’t. Is there something surrounding him as well?
Ever heard the expression "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree?" When I met them, thought AJ just seemed like a great kid, dad different story. Do you think the 3 turned out this way at random?

Your point is well taken. I have never met Sr. I have just been around him at duals and have observed from afar. Obviously things will be said you hear, but I cannot speak about the man from any personal experience. From just being around the sport you sometimes see parents be overbearing jerks to their kids and show disrespect to coaches and other wrestlers. The kids tend to learn from their parents behavior and act accordingly. I do believe there are a lot of unhealthy and intense dynamics at play with the Ferrari father son(s) relationships. I think this includes some learned behavior through the family hierarchy and a misrepresentation of their cultural influence, (feeling like they were bred to act a certain way). But regardless, those parents will always be in all sports including wrestling and especially now with the NIL, money is changing the game across all sports and also the parents involvement with it.

Considering the multitude of crimes that AJ and Anthony have committed in Stillwater, the President and AD might not let wrestling staff be in touch with Angelo even if there's mutual interest. Maybe, maybe not. He'd be a great get if he could gel with the team but that's 3 years out so if not there are plenty of other up and coming studs out there.

He'll probably go to Iowa or PSU, lol.

Maybe we should discuss this every 2-3 weeks, haha. Who else is ready for the actual season?? https://oklahomastate.forums.rivals.com/threads/angelo-ferrari.116029/

Considering the multitude of crimes that AJ and Anthony have committed in Stillwater, the President and AD might not let wrestling staff be in touch with Angelo even if there's mutual interest. Maybe, maybe not. He'd be a great get if he could gel with the team but that's 3 years out so if not there are plenty of other up and coming studs out there.

He'll probably go to Iowa or PSU, lol.

Maybe we should discuss this every 2-3 weeks, haha. Who else is ready for the actual season?? https://oklahomastate.forums.rivals.com/threads/angelo-ferrari.116029/
My bet is Iowa, tOSU or ASU. Penn be State won't touch him. Rutgers would also be perfect ... Inside joke.

Not only is that gene pool suspect. The same genes that make them physical specimens and great athelets, has helped form their brains and egos. You have to consider that whatever team he is on, he might pose a risk not only to himself, but in the wrong scenario could pull a few teammates into something ugly. Teammates hang out together, he could have a couple other teammates in the back seat some Saturday night when he is out doing something stupid.

Wherever any of the Ferrari brothers go, there could be a ripple effect, that could take out those around him if something goes south with drinking, driving, girls, shooting, fighting .... If rumors are true, those are just a few of the boxes AJ checked. It's hard to rewire 18 years worth of mental conditioning in just a few months. Despite the obvious talent, what top program needs 4-5 years of worrying?

No top program has even sniffed their names. I think at this point everyone and team in the country and especailly active on this board has moved on from the Ferrari's. Nothing but problems... Except for maybe Angelo lol! He seems like out of the 3 he might be the most level headed. It would be very ballsy of John to take a chance on him even if he was interested, but that seems to be a very unlikely scenario at this point.

No top program has even sniffed their names. I think at this point everyone and team in the country and especailly active on this board has moved on from the Ferrari's. Nothing but problems... Except for maybe Angelo lol! He seems like out of the 3 he might be the most level headed. It would be very ballsy of John to take a chance on him even if he was interested, but that seems to be a very unlikely scenario at this point.
Not true at all . Please don't post things that you just make up. It's not good for anyone. Top programs have contacted them .

Top programs? Really what top programs? PSU, Ohio St. maybe Cornell?

Yep top ones . Not here for an argument. Fact check things before posting them that's all.
Nor am I, but you call me out about making things up when I’ve heard of no top college program. I obviously don’t know or hear everything out there so maybe I missed something. That’s why I ask that you provide us with your facts and say share which programs? And when I’m talking about them I’m talking about AJ and Anthony.

Nor am I, but you call me out about making things up when I’ve heard of no top college program. I obviously don’t know or hear everything out there so maybe I missed something. That’s why I ask that you provide us with your facts and say share which programs? And when I’m talking about them I’m talking about AJ and Anthony.
Lee named you one already. Have been others as well .

Lee named you one already. Have been others as well .
If you could recruit Angelo Ferrari I wouldn't think twice about it. Right now he has the potential to be 1 of the greats. All 3 of the Ferrari's could make some teams a favorite over Penn. St. after this year. We are insignificant in wrestling this year. Without the improvement this year ( jumping levels for a lot of wrestlers) we will be a noncontender for who knows how long. How many times in the last 16 years has our hope been crushed. At this time I don't see much hope. Coach Smith is right he has taken the program to an all time low but he should have figured that out about 14 years ago when I remember us having maybe 1 All American ( Rosholt).

Reactions: CowboyTanker
If you could recruit Angelo Ferrari I wouldn't think twice about it. Right now he has the potential to be 1 of the greats. All 3 of the Ferrari's could make some teams a favorite over Penn. St. after this year. We are insignificant in wrestling this year. Without the improvement this year ( jumping levels for a lot of wrestlers) we will be a noncontender for who knows how long. How many times in the last 16 years has our hope been crushed. At this time I don't see much hope. Coach Smith is right he has taken the program to an all time low but he should have figured that out about 14 years ago when I remember us having maybe 1 All American ( Rosholt).
Yeah first time I have heard Coach Smith actually admit there are some coaching issues. We will be able to attract a TOP replacement when that time comes regardless of how bad we are. Our history will allow the right person to get us back to the top quickly.

Reactions: okcpokefan12
I bet they end up at Rutgers
Brands was in Melissa a few weeks ago. I can't imagine it would happen but there was discussion of all 3 Ferrari's going there.

I hope wherever Angelo ends up, he's there without the distraction his brothers would bring.

Angelo is a good kid with a bright future.

Brands was in Melissa a few weeks ago. I can't imagine it would happen but there was discussion of all 3 Ferrari's going there.

I hope wherever Angelo ends up, he's there without the distraction his brothers would bring.

Angelo is a good kid with a bright future.
I have written many times that our not getting Angelo cost us a real good wrestler which could cost us 35 in the future. If Iowa gets Angelo or any other of the Ferrari's their chance of another National team title increases a bunch.

Our will to win is not the same as Iowa or PSU.Angelo deserves to be recruited separately.Make him tell you no.I don’t think he is the head case that his brother is.

Superior talent, too much baggage. How in the world anyone could want round two of that mess is beyond me.

Second chance is one thing. Total chaos is another. If some coach out there thinks they can change that DNA, good luck.

No one knows how many 2nd chances they have gotten at OSU but regardless you can look around at other wrestlers who have gotten a 2nd chance at other schools. For some reason in our politically correct world the 2nd school gets a pass for taking them bc they are given a "2nd chance". Right or wrong most schools would take them today.

The Ferrari brothers have a group twitter account. I'd say there's a pretty decent chance the dad actually runs it. After AJ was dismissed, the account retweeted the below - not hard to figure out the reference.

I've seen a few comments that Angelo is a good kid. Even if he wanted to go to OSU, I don't see any way the Dad would allow it. Losing him is an unfortunate by-product of the AJ mess. But a necessary one. Time to move on and wish him well IMHO.

No one knows how many 2nd chances they have gotten at OSU but regardless you can look around at other wrestlers who have gotten a 2nd chance at other schools. For some reason in our politically correct world the 2nd school gets a pass for taking them bc they are given a "2nd chance". Right or wrong most schools would take them today.
They had multiple second chances in high school as well as AJ multiple at OSU.

I am not saying I want them at OSU. We have taken kids in all sports who apparently deserved a 2nd chance. If they do get it together they could put that team in a great position to win it all immediately and we will have to sit back and wonder what could have been. Too bad they did not go somewhere else first and get their act together and then come to OSU and help us win 35. I am afraid that is at least 3-5 years away.

I am not saying I want them at OSU. We have taken kids in all sports who apparently deserved a 2nd chance. If they do get it together they could put that team in a great position to win it all immediately and we will have to sit back and wonder what could have been. Too bad they did not go somewhere else first and get their act together and then come to OSU and help us win 35. I am afraid that is at least 3-5 years away.
If this were a second chance situation then maybe a program should/could give them a second chance, but they are way beyond second chance, the dad pulled them all out meaning there is no intention to change, they have no interest and will not get it together.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT