ADVERTISEMENT

Liberal Travis County (Austin) DA …

What were the charges and what were the odds the DA could have gotten convictions?
And we wonder why Democrat areas continue to see destructive protests, riots and incidents of looting. If that's what these areas want I'm fine with it but don't come crying to the state or the federal government for funds to fix the damage these idiot continually cause.

You saw the videos of the protest. If you don't think any of those idiots broke the law, I'm fine with it but don't come into my area and think you will get away with it.
I didn't see the videos. What laws have they been accused of breaking and how likely could the DA secure a conviction? If they were charged but the DA dropped the charges how does that make the "activists" above the law? Is that not part of the lawful process?

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
I didn't see the videos. What laws have they been accused of breaking and how likely could the DA secure a conviction? If they were charged but the DA dropped the charges how does that make the "activists" above the law? Is that not part of the lawful process?
Yes you did the videos were posted here and you commented on them.
How does it make activist above the law? LMAO you been to Austin lately? It's turned into another leftist hell hole as a direct result of leftist policies, the leftist DA and the rest of the leftist in city government.

The charges dropped were criminal trespass for this round.

How does it make activist above the law? LMAO you been to Austin lately? It's turned into another leftist hell hole as a direct result of leftist policies, the leftist DA and the rest of the leftist in city government.

Criminal trespass on the grounds of a public university? Might be difficult to get a trespass conviction of students being on the campus of the school they attend and which is owned by the public in the first place. I don’t know how much of a hellhole Austin is, it’s one of the cities in America attracting new people every day. Do you think your hatred of all politics that are not yours might play into your thinking Austin is a hellhole?

I read your link and do not understand your concern.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Criminal trespass on the grounds of a public university? Might be difficult to get a trespass conviction of students being on the campus of the school they attend and which is owned by the public in the first place. I don’t know how much of a hellhole Austin is, it’s one of the cities in America attracting new people every day. Do you think your hatred of all politics that are not yours might play into your thinking Austin is a hellhole?

I've been to Austin in the last few weeks, when was your last visit?

O

It’s been a few years. I fail to see what that has to do with dropping trespass charges that would not have gotten a conviction, or how your visit confirms Austin is a hellhole after thousands of new people flock there every year.

O

It’s been a few years. I fail to see what that has to do with dropping trespass charges that would not have gotten a conviction, or how your visit confirms Austin is a hellhole after thousands of new people flock there every year.
If you do go to Austin you will be shocked. Austin used to be one of my favorite Texas Cities but it has changed and not for the good.

If you do go to Austin you will be shocked. Austin used to be one of my favorite Texas Cities but it has changed and not for the good.
I wonder why it attracts so many newcomers, people like Joe Rogan who could live anywhere they want?

Last edited:
Why should we when you obviously know it all? I mean, you spout off about things and then want to be educated? 🤣🤣

I spout off with my opinions, of course that’s what one is supposed to do on this site. And normally I stand ready to defend those opinions when they are substantively argued against. You should try it sometime, substantively argue against what I write. Assuming, of course, you have substantive arguments you can make.

Last edited:
I lived in Austin for over a decade. Great town to roll into adulthood post graduation. It used to be a small town/small city but now it's got a "big city" feel. Much more like Dallas or parts of Houston than the Austin of decades past.

It's still a nice city. And yes, it gets a bit stupid around the Uni, but that's where most cities get stupidest.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT