ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle Crutchmer the man, the speaker

mike tognetti

All-American
Jan 27, 2012
Watched Kyle wrestle last weekend and win University and I said "WOW", yesterday I watch him after his win in a interview on Flo and I said "DOUBLE WOW". Great interview, gave big props to our coaches,Chris Perry and Tyler Caldwell getting him ready. Talked alittle about 157/174 for next season ( you just have to listen to it).

Just saw the interview and watched his first match against Weatherman. Kyle said all the right things and very complimentary of his team-mates and coaches and he looked strong in his match with Weatherman. He also indicated he would go at 174 next year but could go 165 if he was asked to do so. He will be great next year at 174. Not going to get into a debate at this point about Crutchmer v. Marsteller. I believe we will redshirt Marsteller unless Crutchmer is injured. Nice to have the #1 or #2 recruit in the country to back you up if need be.

I've got to agree with RS Marstellar if possible. We're not winning the title next year with or without him. Give Crutchmer a year in the line-up and then see where we are in 2015-16.

Redshirt and Olympic redshirt for Marsteller could work perfect for us. 2 years at 74 for Crutchmer and then Dieringer is gone and so 65 could open up. However someone real good will get left out because Chandler will also be at 1 of those weight classes. I think that Marsteller will be able to control 1 weight class for sure unless he has a chronic injury like back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT