ADVERTISEMENT

Killers of the Flower Moon (film)

22LR

Heisman Candidate
Dec 1, 2015
I've had a special interest in the making of this film. The transformation of Pawhuska's old run-down Midland Valley freight depot into the Fairfax Train Station was intriguing. The re-laying of rails and the arrival and operation of the old V&T steam locomotive was super cool to see. These were things that got me interest in the Osage murders story and FBI history. It is a horrible piece of Oklahoma history. It's the rare film that I have on my bucket list to go see in a theater.

The first official trailer came out yesterday. By reading the comments, the trailer has spawned another "white man bad" feeding frenzy on the left. They already have this film as being banned in Oklahoma, Texas and Florida. If this is what Martin Scorsese and company intended, well they did a bang-up job getting the Democrat marionettes to dance and flail their arms. I have higher hopes and will approach it that way. It will be interesting to follow the commentary after the premier at the Cannes Film Festival and leading up to this film's anticipated release in October 2023. I suspect the politicizing of this film will get ugly.

Is the story about whiteys marrying squaws to get access to oil and money and then killing them?

Down south JJ McAlester pretty much the same thing to get access to coal. But without murdering, I think.

• Haha
Reactions: Marocain Poke
I've had a special interest in the making of this film. The transformation of Pawhuska's old run-down Midland Valley freight depot into the Fairfax Train Station was intriguing. The re-laying of rails and the arrival and operation of the old V&T steam locomotive was super cool to see. These were things that got me interest in the Osage murders story and FBI history. It is a horrible piece of Oklahoma history. It's the rare film that I have on my bucket list to go see in a theater.

The first official trailer came out yesterday. By reading the comments, the trailer has spawned another "white man bad" feeding frenzy on the left. They already have this film as being banned in Oklahoma, Texas and Florida. If this is what Martin Scorsese and company intended, well they did a bang-up job getting the Democrat marionettes to dance and flail their arms. I have higher hopes and will approach it that way. It will be interesting to follow the commentary after the premier at the Cannes Film Festival and leading up to this film's anticipated release in October 2023. I suspect the politicizing of this film will get ugly.
Have you read the book?

If not, I would recommend. It's a fact filled historical account not at all a "white man bad" screed.

Everything I've heard about production of the film is that it follows the book closely. I'm a Scorsese film fan so I am also looking forward to this movie.

Can’t remember the name of the film, but in 1959, a movie about the FBI featured a partial telling of the Osage murders story.

FBI Story starring Jimmy Stewart….it’s an entertaining movie but pure FBI propaganda. Read the book Public Enemies if you want a true account of the early FBI and how they continually bungled attempts to capture Dillinger and his ilk in the 30s. Without the help of former Oklahoma and Texas lawmen they never would have caught any of them.

Oh good lord, just set down the political victim/grievance overlay and enjoy a damn movie.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Oh good lord, just set down the political victim/grievance overlay and enjoy a damn movie.

This guy is just like you @Syskatine -- with his 24/7 tormented brain full of worm holes, eaten alive by REEEEEE for Trump. But this doesn't count as "political victim / grievance overlay", does it? You're an immature mess.

"De Niro is deliciously slippery here, kind of a Donald Trump-like figure who believes he is helping the people who seem to revere him, but of course is really just exploiting them while keeping a smile on his face,”

https://deadline.com/2023/05/killer...-leonardo-dicaprio-robert-de-niro-1235374049/

This guy is just like you @Syskatine -- with his 24/7 tormented brain full of worm holes, eaten alive by REEEEEE for Trump. But this doesn't count as "political victim / grievance overlay", does it? You're an immature mess.

"De Niro is deliciously slippery here, kind of a Donald Trump-like figure who believes he is helping the people who seem to revere him, but of course is really just exploiting them while keeping a smile on his face,”

https://deadline.com/2023/05/killer...-leonardo-dicaprio-robert-de-niro-1235374049/

Lol I'm sorry the actors don't like Trump. Don't see the movie then. Nobody said cult membership doesn't have its drawbacks.

Gee, I wonder what kind of land deals YOU would have written up if you had practiced law in 1920’s Fairfax?
Well if I was a contemporary republican I'd have moaned and bitched and complained and obstructed and claimed the Osage were jewish aliens hellbent on making all men turn into women.

• Haha
Reactions: Marocain Poke

Political BS aside - the amount of detail that was put into the sets in Pawhuska was unbelievable - fake open wire telephone lines, period street lights, etc - details that won’t get noticed by 90% of the audience. They let the cavalcade parade ride down Main Street when it was still dirt covered and my friends who were riding said it was like riding their horses into the past.

The “Fairfax” depot that was built there was spot on for a Santa Fe Railway depot of the time - Fairfax was on the Santa Fe, so again, attention to detail.

Too bad that the MV depot fell into such disrepair over the years - it was a nice looking building originally - but at least the Santa Fe depot on the other side of town was saved and restored.

Political BS aside - the amount of detail that was put into the sets in Pawhuska was unbelievable - fake open wire telephone lines, period street lights, etc - details that won’t get noticed by 90% of the audience. They let the cavalcade parade ride down Main Street when it was still dirt covered and my friends who were riding said it was like riding their horses into the past.

The “Fairfax” depot that was built there was spot on for a Santa Fe Railway depot of the time - Fairfax was on the Santa Fe, so again, attention to detail.

Too bad that the MV depot fell into such disrepair over the years - it was a nice looking building originally - but at least the Santa Fe depot on the other side of town was saved and restored.
I remember the drive-in movie commercials where the guy pronounced it "Puh-hooska".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT