ADVERTISEMENT

Junior FS duals

april racer

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2011
They begin Friday and Willie on Flo has predicted OK as the winners. The roster is very similar to today except it includes Fix, not sure why he did not do GR, he has had a lot of success in the past. The only other name that i did not see on the GR roster is Parker Bohanon.

Possible line-up is salty.

Naifeh
Gfeller
Neiman
Fix
Brock
Harding/Moore
Moran/Sheets
Blaylock
Joe Smith
Jacobe Smith
Rogers
L Dixon
J Dixon
A Dixon/Childers
A dixon/Childers

I did not include the whole roster, these are the guys that I am knowledgeable about and they are all good.

First match today was against North Dakota blue, oklahoma won 60-6. Everyone had a TF, except for Brock, Rogers, Howard, and Childers who all had falls. The 6 for ND came from a forfeit at 182 and Loving gave up 2 points at 160. Not sure why L Dixon didn't go at 182 and Duffield went at 120 even though track lists Fix on the roster. It will be interesting to see of he is there. One match of note was Joe Smith TFed Adam Blees. Overall a very dominating performance, the 2 points given up by loving might have been the only mat points given up.

I missed OK first dusk of the day. 59-11 over Nebraska. All TFs and pins other than forfeit at 182 and a loss at 120. Ok forfeited 182 against wash as well, must be injury or missed weight. I am guessing Fix is not wrestling this weekend.

EDIT: I stand corrected Fix just got a pin against Wash in 53 seconds.
This post was edited on 6/27 11:02 AM by april racer

Also other wrestlers of note, I will edit this post over the weekend.
Tyler Mann: lost his first match by TF, had the bad luck of meeting Logan mass first, the number 1 @160. Won his second match 13-2.
Andrew Marsden: hasn't wrestled yet.
Ryan Blees: won by TF.
Adam Blees: lost to joe smith by TF.
Dusty Hone: has a TF

This post was edited on 6/27 11:23 AM by april racer

This post was edited on 6/27 12:03 PM by april racer

Dual v Wash:
OK won 48-19
Everyone with pins and TFs except A dixon won 8-0 and Blaylock won 4-1.
Loses were Forfeit at 182, Walker pinned at 285(he had been winning) Sheets pinned at 138, he got caught in a scramble.

Ok won pool B with a 46-20 win over Missouri. Loses were Childers, Harding and Mendez plus the forfeit at 182. Harding lost to Hayes the number 1 guy on the country. Only 6 loses on the day not including 182. One was to Hayes, one was at 120 where Duffield wrestled for Fix, Duffield is good, but Fix is on a different planet than most. Sheets got caught on a scramble and Childers was winning his first and got pinned. Really impressed with them all. Sounds like 182 will be manned tomorrow. We start with Iowa blue.

Congrats to them all!!

Ok just won junior national duals 38-29 over Minnesota blue!!

Congrats to these young men!

Still up in the air where it is going. Quite a few states want it, from CA to east coast. I was there at the Jr Duals and on Saturday dual against NJ was crazy. Our smallest guy on the team (Naifeh, 100 pd) went into the last match all tied up winner take all, after the match he was the tallest guy in the arena. The kid can wrestle, chain wrestles and changes angles and levels. I was sitting next to his grandma and I know where he gets it from.

I have been attending a session or two of this event almost every year going back to when they held it in Enid. The New Jersey match was the most exciting dual I can remember. Naifeh experienced a moment he will always remember. He earned it too. If you were sitting around the Naifeh clan, you probably got a good dose of Manville. That dude spent two full hours bowed up and talking trash.

proud2bpokes during the dual me and Manville had a few words after the dual I talked to him and he just got carried away with all the excitement. I told him don't worry about it he made it alittle more exciting.

Congrats to the Okies and to you guys on winning the duals. That is an exciting tourney and definitely a source of pride when you win it. It seems like you guys put together a great team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT