ADVERTISEMENT

Jib Cranes

vetmedpoke

All-American
Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
I'm building a new barn/shop in the spring and I'm wanting to put a jib crane in. Anyone here have one or have any experience using or installing them. I've seen a few and have used one back in college. Probably wanting to get one that will lift 1000lb.

Thanks

Harbour Freight and Northern tool both have decent electric winches that would work on something like that and are $100 or less. Lots of guys using them as cranes in their garages and shops.

I'd recommend spending some time on garagejournal.com and looking at all the various shop and garage builds to get some ideas before you actually start building the barn. I found several things too late that I wish I would have done differently now. I will know better next time.

We've got 4. Two Daytons a Gorbel and one I don't know.

We use an I-beam cross member and they are for very heavy use.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Warpig, I've spent a lot of time planning and designing. This will be the 3rd shop/barn I've designed. My brother in law is also in construction and has given me numerous ideas. I also dvr all of the "Top Shops" on Successful Farming show. The Jib Crane is something I've seen there and would like to incorporate this time. This is going to double for an office and I'm adding a bunkhouse for veterinary students to come and stay and work during school. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT