ADVERTISEMENT

Jarrett Stidham

Cowboy76

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2001
SIAP. Had another long week so some of this may have been posted and I missed it. Stidham is not your typical Fr replacement QB. This guy is good. He is considered a dual threat QB, perfectly suited for the spread offense which he ran very successfully in high school. His offer sheet was sick. Bama, Auburn, Mich, ND, Ohio ST, A&M and of course, uo and OSU. He committed to TT but them switched to Baylor. He was a spring enrollee so he gained valuable added experience with his new team mates and the Briles version of the spread.

On his very first play at the college level he ran 18 yards for a first down. It was called back by penalty so on 1st and 20 he throws a 42 yard strike to the end zone for a TD. To date, he is 24 for 28 for 331 yards, 6 TD's and zero INT's. When Briles says he is mature beyond his years, he is not blowing smoke. He could be this years version of J T Barrett.

We all saw what Rudolph was able to do last year when he came in and he did not have near the surrounding cast that Stidham has. I do think road games will give him some problems because it gives even experienced QB's problems in handling crowd noise but I do not look for much drop off in Baylor's offensive production.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News