ADVERTISEMENT

Izzak is the new Cowgirls HC

wow. that's certainly... a hire.
I am excited for women's wrestling at Oklahoma State. From other news reports I see that we recently signed 4X Colorado State champion, Persaeus Gomez who is the #4 ranked recruit in the country at 130#. About twenty women participate on the team at this point. There is a long way to go but hiring Olejnik as the coach is a good start and the first officially sanctioned women's tournament is for the 25-26 season. Congrats Izzak !

Not sure how well funded the club is but imagine Izzak is doing this virtually on a volunteer basis or maybe a very minuscule stipend (and obviously I’m sure he’ll be sponsored by CWC as a RTC athlete)

Kudos to him for truly aiming to grow the sport, if and hopefully when Ok State gets a team, he’ll be viewed as one of if not the key figure to make it happen and to do it at such a young age. Speaks a ton about his character.

wow. that's certainly... a hire.
Oklahoma State doesn't exactly have a kings ransom to pay a womens coach like Iowa. In fact the budget is likely $0 lol.

The administration sadly isn't being very supportive so the girls and Izzak are taking it in their own hands to try to build some momentum. Have to start somewhere. Frankly it's very admirable IMO, would love to see other Big Ten schools (cough cough ....) try something similar.

Oklahoma State doesn't exactly have a kings ransom to pay a womens coach like Iowa. In fact the budget is likely $0 lol.

The administration sadly isn't being very supportive so the girls and Izzak are taking it in their own hands to try to build some momentum. Have to start somewhere. Frankly it's very admirable IMO, would love to see other Big Ten schools (cough cough ....) try something similar.
Its not a university team is it? Don't you think the money might've come from the big donar as it helps wrestling in the state of Oklahoma which seems to be his focus?

Its not a university team is it? Don't you think the money might've come from the big donar as it helps wrestling in the state of Oklahoma which seems to be his focus?
Good thing is it wouldn't really cost a bunch to get going... $1mil would cover women's wrestline for what....4+ years?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT