ADVERTISEMENT

It's February, why are we not in shape???

skylinepoke

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2004
I can't believe the third period issues that we are having this year. The only guy who can go hard for three periods is Boyd and he sometimes finds ways not to wrestle for three periods. I have a hard time believing that these guys aren't in shape so it may be a weight issue. Brock has gassed in every third period this semester. I would love to see an OSU wrestler as the fresher wrestler in the last period for a change.
It was educational and frustrating to watch PSU's wrestlers work. None of them are physically imposing to look at but they are always in position with their hips and their ability to work high and low at the same time is amazing.

Some of it isn't just simply conditioning. Weight cut, genetics, adrenaline, minor injury, and a slew of other things can affect a wrestler.

I agree it was frustrating watching a few guys but Smith usually has them at or near the top of their game all around come nationals so my hope and expectation is that is exactly what we will see.

I think it's a fair question after yesterday. Heil and Weigel in particular were really gassed with no good reason early.

Odd none of you "insiders" know what's wrong with Schafer. I predict he'll injury default out of the Big XII's. The leg's broke.

Odd none of you "insiders" know what's wrong with Schafer. I predict he'll injury default out of the Big XII's. The leg's broke.
And that is why he ran out prematch with the team? Kind of tough to do that when the legs broke, dont you think?

And that is why he ran out prematch with the team? Kind of tough to do that when the legs broke, dont you think?
Depending on which bone he broke. There are two bones in the lower leg, the tibia and the fibula (More commonly known as the tib-fib). The tibia is the larger, weight bearing bone while the fibula is the smaller bone. Athletes have been known to play certain sports with a broken fibula. Maybe that's the bone cranberry adams is referring to.

You may be able to play with a cracked fibula but not a fractured one.It bears very little weight but enough to make it painful and difficult.Sometimes cracked and fractured are used interchangeably which is not correct.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT