ADVERTISEMENT

It is time to take a stand for Education

Posted this here before. Been in the O&G business my whole life and participated in the drilling of 100's of wells. Never did the GPT affect the decision whether to drill or not.. Embarrassed about the industry's position not to raise the tax back to 7% and support education.
And there it is.

Posted this here before. Been in the O&G business my whole life and participated in the drilling of 100's of wells. Never did the GPT affect the decision whether to drill or not.. Embarrassed about the industry's position not to raise the tax back to 7% and support education.

I think this is the mindset of most people in the field. Most production is taxed at 7%. Just raise it all to 7 and let the chips fall where they may.

Reactions: CowboyJD
No. But part of the demands is a call for a 5k raise to all support personal. SO hopefully it is a case of short term pain for long term gain. Some of the churches in our district have stepped up and offering day care/supervision to children that will be out of school and have contacted our classified (non certified) workers to work at those cites, which is awesome.
Can churches do this? Wouldn't that be a violation of church and state provisions? I mean heck, teachers can't even have a copy of the bible on their desks anymore without being subjected to an ACLU lawsuit.

URGENT ALERT: At 9:00 pm TONIGHT, the Senate is considering voting on HB1033xx, a plan for a $5,000 raise for teachers and $2,500 for state employees. Nothing for support professionals, nothing for our classrooms, and no discussion of further raises to get us to our $10K demand. This is NOT the significant funding increase our schools need and our students deserve. Moreover, funding this plan means taking a revenue stream intended for health care. Contact your Senator to vote NO on SB1033 now!

So its 10K or nothing? That's your position?

Like I said the other day, these looney leaders are not over asking in willing to negotiate. They are going all or nothing which adds up to a billion dollars.

How do negotiate with a all or nothing?

I'll say that I'm not a big fan of what the Senate did last night. They took the worst parts of the Bartlesville plan and passed them. That only got us half way there. They only passed the regressive taxes. I just don't understand that line of thinking.

They passed the tobacco, fuel and something else increases. But they need to up the gross production tax, renewables tax, ball/dice gaming, income tax reform, and lodging tax.

It needs to be bigger and address all the issues as opposed to some half assed attempt to placate the teachers.

I'd hope that the Bartlesville plan would get passed in its entirety.
https://sites.google.com/view/thetimeisnowok/plan-details

Don’t they already get a free pass on earthquakes and fracking?

Do they pay any for damages to water supply and building foundations?

Combined with 3.2% GPR..

Such a deal !

What does any of this even mean?

Not getting a free pass on earthquakes and fracking.
You and I both know damages to the water supply is done by cats and dogs.
Don't know what 3.2% GPR is.

Get your crap together old man.

Three more school boards in the Tulsa metro area voted today to give days off for a walkout. Very disappointing. Was hoping we had some leadership from one of the school boards.

Besides approving the walkout canceling school, a couple of larger schools around Tulsa are postponing testing, including ACT for all juniors.
But they are continuing with all varsity sports during walkout.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT