141: Dante Rodriguez (ISU) maj. dec. Trae Blackwell (OU), 17-6
149: No. 14 Gabe Moreno (ISU) dec. Shayne Tucker (OU), 9-4
157: No. 11 Justin DeAngelis (OU) fall Luke Goettl (ISU), 6:37
165: No. 4 Michael Moreno (ISU) dec. Clark Glass (OU), 5-0
174: No. 20 Matt Reed (OU) dec. No. 11 Tanner Weatherman (ISU), 4-3
184: No. 15 Lelund Weatherspoon (ISU) maj. dec. Brooks Climmons (OU), 8-0
197: No. 2 Kyven Gadson (ISU) fall Andrew Dixon (OU), 5:58
HWT: No. 12 Ross Larson (OU) fall Quean Smith (ISU), 4:56

It was a very entertaining dual. Weatherman of ISU had a last second takedown of Reed that would have won the match, but the call was reversed because Reed's elbow hit the bare floor off the mat just a split second before his rear end contacted.

Four falls and two majors. Wow.

The problem with quick falls like Hall's over Brewer is that he probably caught Brewer in a great move. Getting pinned in about one minute, you don't truly get a sense of how well they stack up against each other.

Kudos to Earl for the great pin. But I'd like to see what happens when they wrestle the full seven minutes.

Brewer actually initiated the contact and Hall countered with a version of a cement mixer. He locked Brewer up tight and there was no escape. Brewer probably wins that match-up most of the time, but Hall seems to be more active than he was last year.

Originally posted by MiccoMacey:
Four falls and two majors. Wow.

The problem with quick falls like Hall's over Brewer is that he probably caught Brewer in a great move. Getting pinned in about one minute, you don't truly get a sense of how well they stack up against each other.

Kudos to Earl for the great pin. But I'd like to see what happens when they wrestle the full seven minutes.
I agree, that was my first thought without knowing any details. Hall prolly caught him with that mixer of his. Had Cory Clark in that twice last season but Clark wiggled out of both and held on for the iwn. This year he didnt let Hall get close to that move was a much easier win.

I still like Brewer in a 7 min match but at the same time, props to Hall, thats his move and him pinning a guy isnt a fluke with that move. Hall could not place in STL or he could upset a guy or two. Dangerous cat if you let him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT