ADVERTISEMENT

Is This A Sign Of Cognitive Decline?

Ponca Dan

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2003
No. Just a flamboyant guy speaking in hyperbole. As Limbaugh (a college dropout much smarter than you) always said, don’t always take Trump literally.
So what is the hyperbole and what is the figure of speech? Does your man want to impose a 20% tariff on the rest of the world coupled with 60% on China, which he has said explicitly that’s what he’ll do, or is it hyperbole? Or is it a figure of speech? Should we take anything he says literally? If his explicit numbers aren’t literal why did he explicitly say them?

So what is the hyperbole and what is the figure of speech? Does your man want to impose a 20% tariff on the rest of the world coupled with 60% on China, which he has said explicitly that’s what he’ll do, or is it hyperbole? Or is it a figure of speech? Should we take anything he says literally? If his explicit numbers aren’t literal why did he explicitly say them?

Poor Dan
giphy.gif

It’s like a DC telling a defensive end to “rip off the QB’s head and piss down his neck”. Obviously, the intent is not to be left with a headless corpse on the field.

The new handle should be dumbass Dan.

• Love
Reactions: 2012Bearcat
It’s like a DC telling a defensive end to “rip off the QB’s head and piss down his neck”. Obviously, the intent is not to be left with a headless corpse on the field.

The new handle should be dumbass Dan.
Setting aside the juvenile insult can you tell me whether Trump means it when he says as president he’ll unilaterally impose a 20% tariff on all foreign product imported into this country, even when it comes from our most trusted and loyal allies, and a 60% tariff on products imported from China, or is it hyperbole? If it’s hyperbole do you have any notion - has he bothered to tell anyone - what tariff margin he wants to punish American consumers with? If it’s just a figure of speech does it not seem prudent for the American public to insist he come clean and say what he means for once?

Setting aside the juvenile insult can you tell me whether Trump means it when he says as president he’ll unilaterally impose a 20% tariff on all foreign product imported into this country, even when it comes from our most trusted and loyal allies, and a 60% tariff on products imported from China, or is it hyperbole? If it’s hyperbole do you have any notion - has he bothered to tell anyone - what tariff margin he wants to punish American consumers with? If it’s just a figure of speech does it not seem prudent for the American public to insist he come clean and say what he means for once?
Do those most trusted and loyal allies unfairly tax American business and place tariffs on US exports to their country? Since the answer is yes they do then yes we should as well, you know that whole fair trade thing you say you support..

Reactions: K2C Sooner

You want to carbonize a whole race of people. What a hypocrite.

Do those most trusted and loyal allies unfairly tax American business and place tariffs on US exports to their country? Since the answer is yes they do then yes we should as well, you know that whole fair trade thing you say you support..
I’ve never once said I support fair trade, I support *free* trade. Big difference. But you’re avoiding the topic as SiL framed it. Is Trump’s outlandish tariff proposal hyperbole or just a figure of speech? He got called out on his very explicit numbers and wimped out calling it a figure of speech. Should we not hold his feet to the fire and demand he say what he means? We demand it from the hated Democrats. Why shouldn’t we demand it of our own chosen man?

Just so everyone knows, tariffs are rarely passed on to the American people as claimed. If they were, then surely other nations wouldn't retaliate by putting tariffs on American goods. After all, why would they punish themselves?

Great. It’ll be like the good old days when your Magnavox, Zenith, or RCA was a valued piece of furniture that sat in the den for ten years or more. My parents put off getting a new TV in the early 80s simply because they had no other place to display all the family pictures. I certainly wouldn’t mind a return to those days, and I’m probably one of the younger guys here.

Just so everyone knows, tariffs are rarely passed on to the American people as claimed. If they were, then surely other nations wouldn't retaliate by putting tariffs on American goods. After all, why would they punish themselves?
LMAO - they may not always be passed on "in full" but they are 100% passed on in some fashion and are 100% inflationary. The gloriously funny thing is that "free trade" and anti tariffs have been the GOP position for 100 years, then this orange moron comes along and suddenly you think they sound good...big business hates tariffs. PS, I'm a republican and his tariff idea is batshit insane

Great. It’ll be like the good old days when your Magnavox, Zenith, or RCA was a valued piece of furniture that sat in the den for ten years or more. My parents put off getting a new TV in the early 80s simply because they had no other place to display all the family pictures. I certainly wouldn’t mind a return to those days, and I’m probably one of the younger guys here.
You'd be the first one bitching that prices are high and trying to blame it on democrats.

You'd be the first one bitching that prices are high and trying to blame it on democrats.
We have high prices already as a result of Democrats spending like drunken sailors.

Let me see, who should we believe. The people who told us trillions of dollars in BS spending would not cause inflation, then when inflation hit it was only transitionary, then when inflation persisted it was Trump's fault. Or the guy that spent 4 years in the White House, used tariffs and we didn't see inflation. Hmmm I'll go with option 2.

We have high prices already as a result of Democrats spending like drunken sailors.

Let me see, who should we believe. The people who told us trillions of dollars in BS spending would not cause inflation, then when inflation hit it was only transitionary, then when inflation persisted it was Trump's fault. Or the guy that spent 4 years in the White House, used tariffs and we didn't see inflation. Hmmm I'll go with option 2.
You are cracking me up with not understanding how things work: There is no question that the stimulus packages from BOTH administrations contributed to inflation in the short term. HOWEVER there is also not question that large corporations have taken advantage of the short term price increases to realize that hey, Americans are willing to pay higher prices, so we are just going to keep them high, even as our input cost has gone down. You know how I know? BECAUSE THEY FREAKING ADMIT IT on earnings calls and annual reports. Last year and the beginning of this year, many industries were reporting record profits, and massive stock buybacks with extra cash they gained from keeping prices high. Do I blame them for keeping prices high? Not really - that's capitalism for you. But let's not pretend the government has anything to do with high prices now as they keep reporting massive profits.

You are cracking me up with not understanding how things work: There is no question that the stimulus packages from BOTH administrations contributed to inflation in the short term. HOWEVER there is also not question that large corporations have taken advantage of the short term price increases to realize that hey, Americans are willing to pay higher prices, so we are just going to keep them high, even as our input cost has gone down. You know how I know? BECAUSE THEY FREAKING ADMIT IT on earnings calls and annual reports. Last year and the beginning of this year, many industries were reporting record profits, and massive stock buybacks with extra cash they gained from keeping prices high. Do I blame them for keeping prices high? Not really - that's capitalism for you. But let's not pretend the government has anything to do with high prices now as they keep reporting massive profits.
Inflation can only be created by government and the dumbasses that keep voting for the same politician that keep spending money that requires the printing of money out of thin air. SMFH Econ 101.

Inflation can only be created by government and the dumbasses that keep voting for the same politician that keep spending money that requires the printing of money out of thin air. SMFH Econ 101.

LMAO. Trump had TWO stimulus packages and did nothing to reduce government spending 🤣🤣🤣 And businesses raising prices on necessary items like food and electronics directly ties into inflation.

LMAO. Trump had TWO stimulus packages and did nothing to reduce government spending 🤣🤣🤣 And businesses raising prices on necessary items like food and electronics directly ties into inflation.

Yep you are right and I complained about it the whole time. I was against all the stimulus plans and against the lack of accountability but at the same time that was one of the only things that received overwhelming support from Democrats during Trumps entire term. Democrats love to spend money, to be fair Republicans are not much better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT