ADVERTISEMENT

Ironman

april racer

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2011
This Friday ironman starts. Future cowboy Wyatt Sheets is the 2 seed at 160 behind Alex Marinelli. Marinelli is a Hawkeye commit and the number 4 p4p in the country.

That would be great if Marinelli and Sheets met in the finals......If Marinelli goes down, Sheets will ride him like Morris did Crutchmer!!

But really, Marinelli is a beast and will give Sheets all he can handle. It will be fun to watch.

That would be great if Marinelli and Sheets met in the finals......If Marinelli goes down, Sheets will ride him like Morris did Crutchmer!!

But really, Marinelli is a beast and will give Sheets all he can handle. It will be fun to watch.
April, where are yougetting seeding information. Track says that this information is not being released to the Public yet. Not doubting you but just do not know where you are getting this information.

April, where are yougetting seeding information. Track says that this information is not being released to the Public yet. Not doubting you but just do not know where you are getting this information.
Never mind, I see there is a link on the mat.com for seeding. It does not appear official but does show Wyatt as the #2 seed. No brackets have been released.

Reading through the brackets, I noticed that Dean Heil has 2 brothers wrestling at this tournament as well......
Sr. Josh Heil ranked 16th at 145
Fr. Logan Heil at 113

I also saw that there is a Mitch Collica from Ohio at 113. I know that the OSU website doesn't list Anthony as having a brother, but Collica is an unusal name. Maybe a cousin or something. Just thought it was interesting.

side note: Sheets only had 2 takedowns....11 nearfall points (3-3point and 1-2point) watch out Marinelli.......he comin

Flo needs to tell the mat workers there is a mic. I've heard s guy talk about taking adderall and still passed out, a few f-bombs and multiple other cuss words.

Flo needs to tell the mat workers there is a mic. I've heard s guy talk about taking adderall and still passed out, a few f-bombs and multiple other cuss words.
Sheets just won his2nd match by tech fall 16-0. He looks really good on top.

Sheets just won his2nd match by tech fall 16-0. He looks really good on top.
He wrestles Riley DeMoss from Marmion Academy in Illinois in his next match. DeMoss has a 43-5 record. DeMoss won the 3A Illinois state title last year at 170 and is a Fargo AA. He has committed to wrestle at Princeton.

He wrestles Riley DeMoss from Marmion Academy in Illinois in his next match. DeMoss has a 43-5 record. DeMoss won the 3A Illinois state title last year at 170 and is a Fargo AA. He has committed to wrestle at Princeton.
The quarters started at 9am Oklahoma time. It will be some time before Wyatt Sheets wrestles at 160. The Semis are due to start at 11am Oklahoma time.

The quarters started at 9am Oklahoma time. It will be some time before Wyatt Sheets wrestles at 160. The Semis are due to start at 11am Oklahoma time.
The Broken Arrow team is down to two wrestlers in the consolations and they are Isaiah Page at 182 who is 2-1 and Trenton Lieurance who is 2-1 with two falls. All other BA wrestlers have suffered two losses and are out.

The Broken Arrow team is down to two wrestlers in the consolations and they are Isaiah Page at 182 who is 2-1 and Trenton Lieurance who is 2-1 with two falls. All other BA wrestlers have suffered two losses and are out.
Wyatt Sheets looks more than dominant over DeMoss 11-0 to move to the semis.

Reactions: osu2082
He really looks tough on top. He is really active.
Battle of state recruits in the semis as Wyatt Sheets will be wrestling Justin Thomas of Calvary Chapel, California who verballed to Oklahoma on 111/6/15. He is ranked 8th at 160 by Flo and he is a three time California state placer as he was runner up in 2015 at 152, 3rd place in 14 at 145 and 4th in 2013 at 126. He placed 8th in the Ironman last year.

He lost 2-0 in SV. He almost had a TD at the end of first and was close to getting some NF in third. He could get out in the second. In SV he took a couple sloppy shots.

He lost 2-0 in SV. He almost had a TD at the end of first and was close to getting some NF in third. He could get out in the second. In SV he took a couple sloppy shots.
Sheets takes third by virtue of 3 takedowns and wins 7-2.He wrestled Will Verallis of Wyoming Seminary for third place. Team scoring at the moment is
1. Wyoming Seminary 154 2. Blair Academy 138 3. Graham Ohio 118.5
4. Montini Catholic Il 107.5 5. St. Edward Ohio 107.5.

Last edited:
Sheets takes third by virtue of 3 takedowns and wins 7-2.He wrestled Will Verallis of Wyoming Seminary for third place. Team scoring at the moment is
Isaiah Page was the only placer for Broken Arrow as he got 6th losing his 5th place match 4-2. Marinelli the #1 seed at 160 pinned Justin Thomas or Thomas Justin in the finals. Nick Reenan was 1st at 182. and this would increase Wyoming Seminary's team lead.

Do you know how verallis scored his 2?

With sheets having 3 TDs I assume he got 2 Es, but curious if they were earned or cuts.

Do you know how verallis scored his 2?

With sheets having 3 TDs I assume he got 2 Es, but curious if they were earned or cuts.
He actually got away from Sheets after the first takedown in the first period. He took down and escaped from Sheets in the 2nd . Sheets took him down again in the second period and rode him out Sheets took down in the third and escaped and then took him down again and rode him out. Sheets did not cut him either time and he earned the escapes.

He actually got away from Sheets after the first takedown in the first period. He took down and escaped from Sheets in the 2nd . Sheets took him down again in the second period and rode him out Sheets took down in the third and escaped and then took him down again and rode him out. Sheets did not cut him either time and he earned the escapes.
Thanks. Sheets looked really tough on top. He looks to need to be a bit more active from bottom, even in his early matches he didn't move on the whistle. He looks to be incredibly strong, it's going to be fun to watch him and I think he will jump leaps and bound getting to roll around with Joe and AD.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT