ADVERTISEMENT

In The Latest Edition Of Go Woke Go Broke

2012Bearcat

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2010

giphy.gif

Hey Dave I thought about you today when I saw this story on things looking up in Portland.

Meh. Get me a decent ownership group for the Blazers first. Aunt Jody isn't getting it done.

Just so we’re clear, David, it seems you are content to see thousands of people thrown out of their livelihoods so long as you receive your investment profits. Is that what you’re saying?

***celebrated gleefully at Twitter/Microsoft/Google’s layoffs***

carry on

With Iger coming back I would be severely disappointed if Disney's profits and stocks didn't go up.
LOL. You start a thread about Disney going broke then pivot when the markets recognize their good performance. No better example of how fungible yore feelers and beliefs really are.

LOL. You start a thread about Disney going broke then pivot when the markets recognize their good performance. No better example of how fungible yore feelers and beliefs really are.
The post wasn't about Disney the company, it was about those about to hit the unemployment line. You of all people should know that multi billion dollar companies like Disney will be just fine.

The post wasn't about Disney the company, it was about those about to hit the unemployment line. You of all people should know that multi billion dollar companies like Disney will be just fine.

So you admit the premise of this entire thread is a lame-af attempt at “OwnINg ThE LiBs”…got it.

carry on

That you posted in a thread titled "In The Latest Edition Of Go Woke Go Broke".

Why so desperate for affirmation? What confidence gap are you trying to fill?
Nothing desperate Dave, I find it hilarious wokesters are getting a first hand lesson of their decisions. The best teacher is first hand lessons.

Market economics. That's how it works. True liberals understand that there are trade-offs.
Yes, right-wingers are to trade down while left-wingers trade up. That's true liberal market economics in a nutshell.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/08/business/disney-earnings/index.html#:~:text=A%20cut%20of%207%2C000%20jobs,Chapek%20as%20the%20company's%20leader.

While I don't think Disney is headed to the tank as what 2012 suggested in the thread title. It appears to me that Disney is headed into gloomy times in 2023 as the CNN article suggests.
That’s not possible. @davidallen says that’s not possible. It’s obvious you haven’t learned your place in the pecking order on this board. You are not to question or disagree with any of David’s analyses. Hell, David charges $400/hour for his brilliance and he’s sharing some of it with us for free. Now apologize immediately so our world can be put back on its axis!

I'll be honest, reading the financial tea leaves of earning reports really isn't my thing. However I do think if things were going so great over there, the old CEO wouldn't have been ousted so soon after taking over. Cutting 7K jobs isn't a good look either, yes it will help the bottom line look good for investors but it's typically not a sign of a strong organization either.

That’s not possible. @davidallen says that’s not possible. It’s obvious you haven’t learned your place in the pecking order on this board. You are not to question or disagree with any of David’s analyses. Hell, David charges $400/hour for his brilliance and he’s sharing some of it with us for free. Now apologize immediately so our world can be put back on its axis!
I can't stop laughing. 🤣

Now I am worried, but I do have to say. You sound like my wife

Reactions: Ponca Dan
Sadly its probably the non-woke that get axed first.

The blue haired 400 lb LGBTQ member who spends 7 hrs on social media being offended while smoking weed and gorging on vegan desserts as she zooms in for work will keep her job in the department of DEI.

Reactions: Marocain Poke
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT