ADVERTISEMENT

If...

California was somehow successful in their secession bid, could we go ahead and admit Trump won the popular vote?

Yup, take California away, where Hillary has a 3m vote lead, and Trump is up by 2m votes. Oh, and California still has some 3m votes left to still count. It's makes up for over 10% of her vote total alone.

Yup, take California away, where Hillary has a 3m vote lead, and Trump is up by 2m votes. Oh, and California still has some 3m votes left to still count. It's makes up for over 10% of her vote total alone.
Maybe she should move there and run for Governor. Might be the only place she could win. Bill could be First Lady of California which would fit in with all the trannies and cross-dressers out there.

I really think they are stupid enough to vote in favor of secession.

I really think they are stupid enough to vote in favor of secession.

I love that so many that made fun of Texans who talked secession are now doing exactly that. I'll fully support their secession just as I would have Texas. Are the former secession supporting conservatives coming out and making fun of California telling them they'll be destroyed by Trump in a war?

I love that so many that made fun of Texans who talked secession are now doing exactly that. I'll fully support their secession just as I would have Texas. Are the former secession supporting conservatives coming out and making fun of California telling them they'll be destroyed by Trump in a war?

Their hypocrisy tears are delicious.

It seems like Cali would do a good job of destroying itself without anyone's help if it seceded. I haven't reasoned it all out but that's my initial impression.

That's why I can't imagine it happening, even though I wish it would. I'm tired of Californians destroying Colorado.

It seems like Cali would do a good job of destroying itself without anyone's help if it seceded. I haven't reasoned it all out but that's my initial impression.

That's why I can't imagine it happening, even though I wish it would. I'm tired of Californians destroying Colorado.

Their motto should be

Californians: ruining one great state at a time!

They've started on Texas too. They are flocking to hill country.

Reactions: Medic007
I fully support their right to secession. I just think if they do, it'll be gloriously ruinous for them. They take their perportional share of the debt and go it on their own. Maybe Oregon and Washington goes with them - maybe. The only big downside is that we'd lose the Pacific ports. We'd have to make some trade agreement with them, Mexico, or Canada for that. Otherwise... meh

If Texas were to do it, I'd bet that they have a much better opportunity to be a success.

I fully support their right to secession. I just think if they do, it'll be gloriously ruinous for them. They take their perportional share of the debt and go it on their own. Maybe Oregon and Washington goes with them - maybe. The only big downside is that we'd lose the Pacific ports. We'd have to make some trade agreement with them, Mexico, or Canada for that. Otherwise... meh

If Texas were to do it, I'd bet that they have a much better opportunity to be a success.

Secession doesn't mean everything has to be instantaneously cut off and no working relationship can exist. IMO, there would be negotiation on them taking their portion of the debt. I'd bet military bases would stay in place and they'd be an ally with guaranteed protection, free trade, etc. A sane leadership let's them walk and keeps commerce open to hopefully engage in a mutually beneficial relationship.

I've never understood why people assume that secession has to result in apocoleptic outcomes. Southern states tried to negotiate these things in 1860. Lincoln just wasn't willing to do the same.

I agree there would be relationships. No problem with that. I'm just saying they'd be a failure since the lefty agenda would go unchecked and they'd be dead ass broke in 20 years.

I agree there would be relationships. No problem with that. I'm just saying they'd be a failure since the lefty agenda would go unchecked and they'd be dead ass broke in 20 years.

Don't forget that they rely on other states for something as basic as water. I think it would be harder for them than say Texas.

Reactions: trapped_in_tx
Don't forget that they rely on other states for something as basic as water. I think it would be harder for them than say Texas.

This is just one of many reasons why I think they would destroy themselves. I don't envision the leaders of the new independent California being all that great at negotiating for the things they need given their current propensity for condescending arrogance.

Perhaps desperation would breed humility and negotiating skill.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT