ADVERTISEMENT

if pro and college athletes kneel,,,,,,,,,,,

While I like the national anthem played at sporting events. I would rather drop it from the opening events if we have folks disrespecting and protesting.
Interesting to see if Chuba does any type of protest stunt this season.

An even better fix would be for these idiots to realize the very country they are disrespecting is the one country that provides in it's Constitution the right to disrespect it. A real head scratcher for some but then that requires thought over feelings.
I think they know that, I mean it's not like they get gassed when they complain or something....

in 1968 i was watching my wife's dress rehearsal for varsity revue. the rehearsal started with the orchestra playing the national anthem. me and another army rotc guy were the only ones to stand at attention. sad sad sad.

What percent of the fan base does it take alienating to start impacting a university's ability to provide scholarships - that go to mostly minority athletes?
How much does it cost to add another person to an existing class? How many dorms are completely full? How much does it cost for 1 more person to eat on a cafeteria line?

i won't watch and if i can find out what companies are advertising on tv games, i'll notify those companies i will NOT be buying their products.

i have been a huge sports fan since the mid 50's. mantle and maris were my heros. but i will walk away over this issue. gonna free up alot of time for woodworking, vegetable gardening and reading.

don't like it in the usa? nothing is keeping you here. adios, mofo.
So you want things to stay the same/

So, there have been a little less than 1.4M people sacrificed for Americans to express there opinion, but Americans shouldn't express any opinion that differs from perceived opinion of the 1.4M out of respect for those that died. Furthermore, in the context of sports, if the entertainers express their opinion while entertaining and it differs from a consumer's view the consumer has the right to not purchase the product. But, by not purchasing the future product of the entertainer the consumer is participating in cancel culture by not supporting an entertainer with views different from the consumer.

What I find interesting is the entertainer has no platform if they were not given a platform by the consumer and if enough consumers walk away the entertainer looses their platform. Interesting risk reward for both sides. Is it better to have those with the platform express their opinion peacefully or those with suppressed opinion rioting in the streets because they have no way to be heard?

I'm just glad I live in the good ol USA where I get to have choices. Much appreciation for those ~1.4M, I just hope we don't mess it up.

A University had better worry about the donor who frowns on a student athlete who disrespects the flag. Not so much me.

I know a big time football school who has had a donor check out because it's reported a coach embraces BLM. I strongly suspect coach is clueless about BLM.

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT