ADVERTISEMENT

I never post about Issues…this has me pissed off

Gaslighting much as if some people should not easily get guns because of mental illness, suicidal tendencies, threats to our country, or prior felony convictions?

Simply actions used by other nations to limit mass shootings and it has worked for them. We’re the outlier nation in terms of mass shootings because we refuse to do anything to try and reduce the carnage.
Dianne Fienstien wants you to continue yer donations. Gavin will even give you a plaque to hang on yer wall. 🤣

Something you can share with the grandkids. Good luck.

Gaslighting much as if some people should not easily get guns because of mental illness, suicidal tendencies, threats to our country, or prior felony convictions?

Simply actions used by other nations to limit mass shootings and it has worked for them. We’re the outlier nation in terms of mass shootings because we refuse to do anything to try and reduce the carnage.
Well that's not true, Soros backed DAs and other Democrat DAs have established thier own justice, social justice. Now if you are the right skin color, right sexual persuasion or vote the right way you can break the law at will and and only be held accountable when your crime draws overwhelming backlash from the community. Of course crime increases but at least they did something, even if it didn't work.

Well that's not true, Soros backed DAs and other Democrat DAs have established thier own justice, social justice. Now if you are the right skin color, right sexual persuasion or vote the right way you can break the law at will and and only be held accountable when your crime draws overwhelming backlash from the community. Of course crime increases but at least they did something, even if it didn't work.
It really ain't hard to figure.

Don’t you need a stamp or something to get a fully automatic? I believe it also requires an additional background check.

Totally agree. My son is technically deaf, but loves to shoot. In the process of getting his suppressor now. My understanding is he will need two different ones, one for .223 and different one for .22 when he switches out the bolt. Need to talk to you more about what you have found.
Yes. The fully auto and other restricted items are registered to the individual. If you die, you can’t pass them on to your son in the same manner as a regular firearm. The qualifications to owning one are essentially the same as if you were buying any firearm, though. You don’t have to pass some battery of tests to make sure you’re sane or anything. The items are expensive and the wait to be cleared is about 1 year for a suppressor.

I would suggest a 22 rimfire can and a 30 caliber can. I own those and it works on most of the firearms I shoot. And a 30 cal can will quiet a 223 just fine. Mine shuts down 223 to the point it sounds like a 22 rifle with no suppressor on it. The 22 shooting subsonic with a can is freaking amazing. Once you shoot suppressed you just won’t want to shoot with anyone shooting anything else. BTW, the threads on various calibers are different so you don’t thread a 22 caliber can on a 30-06. Also, 22 rimfire cans are a world unto themselves. Because 22’s are so dirty, they need to be disassembled and cleaned regularly whereas a centerfire rifle can will likely never need to be cleaned. They literally are the very best thing you can do for shooting rifles. I find them less fun for handguns because they throw the balance off the weapon a lot more. They don’t work at all for revolvers.

I’m just saying, that’s the level of hyperbole you hear coming from the NRA and their ilk. It’s silly. Always has been.
I had a friend who had a bump stock and the ATF came to his house and made him remove it from his AR and turn it in.

One of the ways that you can make it difficult to get inside a classroom is to "penny" a door. I learned this trick in college at Oklahoma State. You can push on the door as hard as possible and jam as many pennies into the door jam as possible. This makes the door nearly impossible to open unless you are on the side where you put the pennies. You can use a flathead screwdriver to get the pennies out of the door jam later.

Something else you can do is get a bucket full of golf balls. This would allow every kid to have a couple of them to throw at any intruder.
Solid plan.

No. It is not a fair interpretation.

Maybe read it as "convince" others to treat others better....maybe "encourage" or "incentivize" would be as accurate.

You said:

"Single variable solutions, like "ban X" or "restrict y," seem to me as either simple minded, disingenuous, or not well though out. They don't tell a fraction of the story nor address the issues in the comprehensive way it ought to be addressed, which is mostly societal/cultural vs policy.

(Repeat of intro) My humble opinion is that we need to start treating each other better. We need to start looking for who is hurting. We need to invite the awkward kid or office mate to the team event or weekend outing. Everybody desires to feel the option of being included. Everybody has the desire to feel that they matter in some way."

I agree that single variable solutions are simple minded, etc. I agree that they aren't the end all be all. I agree that they don't tell the totally of the story or address the issues fully. I do think they are useful as a portion of a comprehensive addressing of the problem which I agree is also societal/cultural in nature.

I was just wondering if you had any other plans or suggestions to address the societal/cultural issues in a comprehensive manner beyond you being nice to people because it's the right thing to do (which I also agree with). Because, IMHO....JUST saying we all "need" to be nicer is largely a meaningless platitude without more.

I haven't read past your response.

Were you a to make concrete progress?

• Haha
Reactions: CowboyJD
I was just ranting🤣. Damn didn’t know I could start a 9 page thread and get moved. I have never been over to this board..and staying far away in the future🤣

Lazy, shallow effort.

So, meaningless platitude It is.

Cool.

I'm not here to call names given the desires and goals of the thread.

When your efforts on this board yield concrete fruit, I'll applaud you. To this point your words are empty of impact, and that is predictable given where this conversation is taking place.

I'll continue to encourage others to be more empathetic and to do more for those in the lowest 10% of earning power, attractiveness, the ability to relate to others, and other characteristics that have an ostracizing effect on that individual.

Treating the least of us better is something everybody can own right now in their lives. It has a concrete impact.

I am a liberal and a gun owner. I believe in the 2A and I also don’t think common sense regulation of a thing that can easily kill someone is some government conspiracy to take away your 2A rights.

Start with allowing gun manufacturers to be legally held responsible for the safety of their products. That would drive change in the manufacturing to add additional safety mechanisms. It sure as hell worked for the auto industry to develop things like seatbelts and to not have metal pointed objects in the interior where heads could be impaled in a crash.

Maybe require safety courses and even insurance for certain fire arms. There are a long list of things that could help.
How about a Surgeon General’s warning?

When your efforts on this board yield concrete fruit, I'll applaud you. To this point your words are empty of impact, and that is predictable given where this conversation is taking place.

I'll continue to encourage others to be more empathetic and to do more for those in the lowest 10% of earning power, attractiveness, the ability to relate to others, and other characteristics that have an ostracizing effect on that individual.

Treating the least of us better is something everybody can own right now in their lives. It has a concrete impact.
“To this point your words are empty of impact”.

Right back atcha.

You need to slow down on the JP. That shit will **** you up.

And that attitude is why we can’t find any middle ground in this country anymore. I will never own a gun, but I understand why people might want a handgun for personal/property protection. I also understand that people enjoy hunting, so I see why someone would want a limited-capacity, bolt-action rifle. Either of things can kill people if used with malice intent, but they are less lethal in a mass shooting situation than a semi-automatic, AR-15 style rifle.

So how about banning or severely limiting semi-auto rifle sales and beefing up background checks for handgun/hunting rifle purchases? Is that outlandish considering the current state we live in? I promise you, I’m not playing some long game to get all your guns. If you want a gun, I get it. I would just like to TRY to limit how much lethal potential a single individual can bring to a scene. Cutting down on AR-15 style weapons would seem like a reasonable measure without completely shredding the 2nd Amendment.
I mean, this makes so much sense.

At the end of the day, they insist on the mentally feeble, the insane, the criminals to have instant power of life or death over huge numbers of normal people. There's a reason for the zealotry and its not the security of a free state.

Semi-auto, preferably full auto, has proven to very desirable when BLaMtifa shitbags show up to cause trouble. Just sayin’.

Anthony-Huber.jpg

Reactions: iasooner2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT