ADVERTISEMENT

I hate airlines!!!!

Inky29

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2001
I will never understand why it cost and extra $200 bucks to make a change to a flight that is two months out. No wonder AA made 4 billion dollars last year.

The easy answer is, because they can. What other choice do you have, if all of them do it?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Apparently southwest NOT doing it, isn't making the others lose business or else they would stop.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by NeekReevers:
Southwest doesn't.
A clarification, SWA doesn't charge fees to change flights as long as the same fare class is available on your new flight. So, if you're changing several months in advance, you have a good shot at no fees.

Originally posted by SKC:

Originally posted by NeekReevers:
Southwest doesn't.
A clarification, SWA doesn't charge fees to change flights as long as the same fare class is available on your new flight. So, if you're changing several months in advance, you have a good shot at no fees.
To expand on this, if you are several months out, there is a good chance at some point prior to the date of the flight that the price will have decreased. So not only does Southwest not have a change fee, if you watch it closely, you can get a credit back toward future travel. Or, if you have the Southwest credit card, you can book using points and, when the cost of the flight goes down, you rebook at the lower rate and the points you saved are returned to your account for future use.

Airlines have become busses with wings. Go to the bus station and there is not a whole lot of difference to an airport any more. And their financial model is tenuous at best with all the unions they are forced to deal with.

Git rid of the unions, quit packing people in like cattle, and give real customer service and you'll see a different crowd at the terminal.

Originally posted by Ostatedchi:

Git rid of the unions, quit packing people in like cattle, and give real customer service and you'll see a different crowd at the terminal.
Not all unions are bad. Coming from someone who was completely against unions, I've completely changed my viewpoint to one that your union is only as good as your leadership and the company leadership. SWA is about 90% unionized, and while it's not all unicorns and rainbows, it's an overall good working relationship.

Originally posted by SKC:

Originally posted by Ostatedchi:

Not all unions are bad. Coming from someone who was completely against unions, I've completely changed my viewpoint to one that your union is only as good as your leadership and the company leadership. SWA is about 90% unionized, and while it's not all unicorns and rainbows, it's an overall good working relationship.
I was saying get rid of the unions due to the increased operating costs that generally accompany them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT