ADVERTISEMENT

I don't agree with this

Cowboy76

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2001
From ESPN: "The Big 12 has hired a third party to conduct its verification review of Baylor of required changes to the school's "athletics procedures and to institutional governance of its intercollegiate athletics programs." That review began last month. The Big 12 is withholding 25 percent of Baylor's revenue distribution pending the outcome of the review."

First of all, it is discriminatory. Why should just Baylor be reviewed? Yes, we now know of all the wrong doings and lack of following Title IX guidelines but where was the verification back in 2011, 2012, 2013? No one was looking then and that is when the fox was in the hen house. This went on for years, not weeks or months. Do we have other schools that are not complying? Do you just wait until someone gets caught before you check on their compliance?

Why should the league have to pay an investigator? Why not take it out of Baylor's revenues? How much compliance do they have to have? Any new rules or compliance at all will be an improvement. Is there a Mendoza line?

This whole thing just looks wrong and backwards.

While I am on my rant I have a few other questions. Baylor has publicly admitted they were not following Title IX guidelines. They have publicly said a 3rd party investigation recommended 105 changes. So basically, a public admission of guilt. How in the heck can they then come out after every law suit is filed and talk about how they can not wait to defend their position in a court of law. Seriously? And when the DOE finishes their investigation and says here is what you failed to do, are they just going to be allowed to run settle these civil law suits out of court? Or will the law suits then turn into criminal law suits?

I know how slow the legal system is so I am not upset that things are moving so slowly. I am upset that Baylor keeps admitting things on one hand and then turns around and denies wrong doing the next day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News