ADVERTISEMENT

Hunting in the OKC city limits

Popinski

Starter
Gold Member
Jul 9, 2004
OKC
We bought 2 acres in a SW OKC neighborhood this year are planning to build a house. About half of the lot has tons of trees, and there is a creek. There is a major deer trail running right in the middle of my trees. I have also seen turkey several times when I've been there.

I know that I can bow hunt in city limits. I will probably at least turkey hunt with my bow. Not sure about deer. Where I would hunt can not be seen by any neighbors because of the thick trees. I'd probably stick a buck, and he'd run up to my neighbor's porch and die. I don't know my future neighbors that well yet, but I envision them thinking the deer are like pets and would be mortified if I killed one. My next door neighbor has a feeder and some salt licks. He mentioned that he liked to watch the deer in the morning.

I was out there a few days ago and saw some big tracks. This will be torture if I have a big buck in my back yard, and I can't hunt. What would you guys do?

I'd deer hunt it, but restrict myself to letting an arrow fly on a mature buck.

That's probably what I'll do. I'm excited because now I drive an hour to hunt, but soon I'll have the option to bow hunt after work in my own back yard.

What neighborhood? We live in Castlebrook Crossings between Morgan and Sara on SW 29th. We have a creek running behind us with lots of nice tracks. Problem is it backs up to a golf course and I don't own the property.

I currently live by you. We live in Westbrooke Estates on SW 29th between Morgan and County Line. We are moving to SW 104th and Rockwell.
This post was edited on 12/30 7:50 AM by Popinski

Ha! I'll have to work on that. I did that to a doe last year with my bow. I didn't have to worry about a blood trail.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT