ADVERTISEMENT

HS Recruiting News

Is getting Carter at 149 and TJ at 141 about getting the best lineup possible if Hughes isn’t quite strong enough for 141 (yet)? I know the Kennedy-Carter connection is strong.

Hope there are better/smarter cuts with this new staff compared to what they did with the previous regime.
Idk the actual philosophy behind it all. All I know is this is what its looking like right now.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
Hope there are better/smarter cuts with this new staff compared to what they did with the previous regime.
Better/smarter cuts are also related to culture change. Living a better culture also means that as a wrestler you aren't going through the yo-yo effect with bad dietary habits. Taylor is a big believer in nutrition, and so the dietician is a guy you can't miss appointments with.

Jamison wanted to go 49 and did indeed win the wrestle off. Was either asked or convinced to go 41 by the staff. They want Carter at 49 to get him in the line up.

A few more things: In a perfect world everyone has the right slot to fit in weight wise and I don't think this staff is crazy about guys cutting a ton unless it's necessary. But anyone who thinks Haines and C-star werent cutting a sh/t ton last year are nuts. Point being even psu knows sometimes it has to happen either for the team or for the individual. Such is the case with the Pokes from 33-49.

Was told (haven't verified) Hughes needs to get stronger to really win at 41 so 33 may be where he needs to go this year just from a strength perspective.

Even if Cael makes 33 there is no guarantee he starts. The matches between all the 33s right now are TIGHT. Reece and Blankenship ain't playing.

All that being said this staff will absolutely be with these guys every step of the way during these cuts. They have the right people AND the science/technology now to help these guys make weight, be healthy and hopefully still wrestle at a high level.

It's early still. Things could change. Hopefully no one suffers any injuries but that could definitely change things. Also these guys will have to perform and get the job done at these weights. We are 9 weeks from CKLV and that tourney should reveal where everyone is at.
So ur saying this staff is gonna help with the cut? Before Coleman arrived is was pretty much lose the weight. Not what u would have expected out of a top tier Div 1 program.

... but you left out that they would walk out with PSU singlets on. If Bo Bassett really wanted to create noise on the internet, he'd do exactly that rather than the lame, unexciting sweepstakes he has going on.
... yes ww did leave that part out cause ... thats not how the story goes. :)

So ur saying this staff is gonna help with the cut? Before Coleman arrived is was pretty much lose the weight. Not what u would have expected out of a top tier Div 1 program.
Yes, they will much more closely monitor the athletes diet and health and even take part in extra workouts if the guys need them from what I understand.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
I heard a rumor that Bo and Jax are going to commit on stage at Boone Pickens stadium during the Turnpike & Cross Canadian concert April 12th…
Unfortunately you’re all mistaken. They’re not committing to Oklahoma State, they’re announcing that they’re forsaking wrestling to pursue careers as red dirt music artists.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT