ADVERTISEMENT

HS Recruiting News

So just to summarize, all of this speculation goes back to a single vague post by a PSU insider who themselves haven’t followed up with anything. And since that post, the only legitimate update is from Willie who said that the insider info was wrong?

What a mess lol

My late wife was Pottawatomie so maybe you are related.
May be. My grandmother was a 3/4 indian from PA. Honestly, she looked more squaw than the pictures in the history books. They were the Mitcheltrees. She used to say that her father was a half breed (indian/german) and her mother was a squaw. She was born around 1905. Some of my relations have darker skin and some have reddish hair but not redheaded. I got the german.

So just to summarize, all of this speculation goes back to a single vague post by a PSU insider who themselves haven’t followed up with anything. And since that post, the only legitimate update is from Willie who said that the insider info was wrong?

What a mess lol
For sure… but there is still smoke rolling out from under doors.

This. Carl ain't going down without swinging hard.
Not by a long shot. I can't recall him ever losing a kid that he really wanted who was already in the fold.

Edit: Suriano may be the closest that I can recall, but he was wired in New Jersey and everyone from the northeast knows how those Jersey kids are messed up at birth.

Not by a long shot. I can't recall him ever losing a kid that he really wanted who was already in the fold.

Edit: Suriano may be the closest that I can recall, but he was wired in New Jersey and everyone from the northeast knows how those Jersey kids are messed up at birth.
Guess they weren’t actually on the team yet but Marsteller and Wittlake?

• Haha
Reactions: tom_v31 and vhsalum
I don't recall Wittlake's demise in detail, but Chance did not present well on a football weekend visit to PSU and decommitted after that. Make of that what you will. I love Chance and am happy that after a couple detours, he seems to be on a great path.

Yeah. Carl found out the real deal about Chance's habits. And Wittlake committed without any promise of a scholly - and wasn't offered one.

Two things. Just seen Correa and Sahakian are wrestling eachother at WNO. Interesting due to them being future teammates at Michigan. Then I just read the Bassett update and did not see an OK State home visit lined up.

Home Visits:

September 11 - Missouri

September 12 - Ohio State

September 13 - Iowa

September 13 - Virginia Tech

September 14 - Cornell

September 15 - Iowa State

September 16 - Arizona State

September 17 - Princeton

September 19 - Penn State

Reactions: TheJimReaper
Two things. Just seen Correa and Sahakian are wrestling eachother at WNO. Interesting due to them being future teammates at Michigan. Then I just read the Bassett update and did not see an OK State home visit lined up.

Home Visits:

September 11 - Missouri

September 12 - Ohio State

September 13 - Iowa

September 13 - Virginia Tech

September 14 - Cornell

September 15 - Iowa State

September 16 - Arizona State

September 17 - Princeton

September 19 - Penn State
I could be wrong but I think Oklahoma State did an in home already with him? Or maybe DT was just visiting a practice. Either way, DT will have one sometime if it didn't happen also.

But I wanted to point out it's kind of hilarious every school has their own date except Iowa ... and they have to share with VT of all schools. Unintentional I'm sure but I'm going to pretend this is a troll move.

What was the deal with Askren saying Lockett had re-opened his recruitment? His dad refuted it and I had not seen anything anywhere else. Just confused whether Askren is full of it or got bad info or what

Reactions: AtownPoke
What was the deal with Askren saying Lockett had re-opened his recruitment? His dad refuted it and I had not seen anything anywhere else. Just confused whether Askren is full of it or got bad info or what
I think he was just talking about Dee being pursed by the Iowa schools and then going to ISU to train right after Carrol left. It was kind of left open ended publicly imo. There was a lot of talk and then nothing.

Reactions: tom_v31 and vhsalum
Seth also shot it down and I'm guessing he got it straight from Lockett. I think Lockett is pretty active in trying to get a lot of the U20 hammers to OSU.

The committed ones are prolly trying to get him to psu.
Oh for sure. I was just pointing that out because it would seem weird to me that Dee is very vocally trying to get some of these guys to OSU and then would turn around and take a visit to ISU in a couple of weeks. But these are HS kids so nothing would surprise me.

Beyond his dad saying last night he is 100% going to be a Cowboy. Think about Zo also. Remember the interview with Dee after DT was hired and all he talked about was Zo? I've got a hard time seeing him leaving that behind.

I know nothing. If PSU comes calling that is one thing. As great as Iowa and ISU are as college programs, I can't see Dee leaving what he has in Stillwater for those places considering what he wants to accomplish in freestyle.

I know nothing. If PSU comes calling that is one thing. As great as Iowa and ISU are as college programs, I can't see Dee leaving what he has in Stillwater for those places considering what he wants to accomplish in freestyle.
I'm guessing but I imagine PSU called already and didn't get a visit. Geography and being a "lock" to a school has never stopped Cael from reaching out if he thinks a kid is a special talent.

Reactions: AtownPoke
I think when LL was training at Iowa State, that a lot of people went straight panic mode. He was just prepping for U20's though, can not blame him at all. With the coaching at OK State, and the wrestlers that are starting to commit, LL is going be ridiculously good. And just an FYI, I love that he damn near won a gold at U20's, compared to what Flo predicted him to do!

I think when LL was training at Iowa State, that a lot of people went straight panic mode. He was just prepping for U20's though, can not blame him at all. With the coaching at OK State, and the wrestlers that are starting to commit, LL is going be ridiculously good. And just an FYI, I love that he damn near won a gold at U20's, compared to what Flo predicted him to do!
Basically how Iowa State fans felt every offseason when David Carr posted photos in the Penn State wrestling room.

PEOPLE TRAIN AT OTHER PLACES IN THE OFFSEASON!

I'm guessing but I imagine PSU called already and didn't get a visit. Geography and being a "lock" to a school has never stopped Cael from reaching out if he thinks a kid is a special talent.
With the middleweight talent at PSU, I can't imagine Cael calling Dee. Sure Dee has the potential to multiple NCAA champs, but so does everyone else at PSU in those weight areas. I don't see the upside for Cael in this case. PSU is loaded in those weight areas through 2029, even if not everyone shows up.

Beyond his dad saying last night he is 100% going to be a Cowboy. Think about Zo also. Remember the interview with Dee after DT was hired and all he talked about was Zo? I've got a hard time seeing him leaving that behind.

If Dake comes to Stillwater, I believe it will become the second most sought after destination in freestyling after PSU and supplanting MI.

Has a logjam ever stopped Cael either? 😅
A logjam no, but if there is a top 3 there, then no. When has Cael ever recruited over a PROVEN talent? I cannot recall him ever doing that.

The only thing close was DT over Bubba Jenkins but that is a special case because Cael brought DT with him.

The only thing close was DT over Bubba Jenkins but that is a special case because Cael brought DT with him.
Bubba by his own admission said he understood (now that he's older) why Cael had to do what he did.

He got his comeuppance in one match obviously but during Cael's "culture cleanse" phase, Bubba was a classic case of a huge talent who thought he was above the rules because of that. He even said I think in an interview he thought because he was a finalist, his spot on the team absolutely had to be safe.

If Dake comes to Stillwater, I believe it will become the second most sought after destination in freestyling after PSU and supplanting MI.
Second most sought after huh? Just for debate, the coaching staff at OK State if Dake comes has the credentials of no other coaching staff in the nation. And it is recent credentials. If I am wrong, please do say. Just want to see what everyone's thoughts are on this.

Bubba by his own admission said he understood (now that he's older) why Cael had to do what he did.

He got his comeuppance in one match obviously but during Cael's "culture cleanse" phase, Bubba was a classic case of a huge talent who thought he was above the rules because of that. He even said I think in an interview he thought because he was a finalist, his spot on the team absolutely had to be safe.
Agreed. Culture is about the team dynamic and not about the individual. Happens in businesses every day.

Second most sought after huh? Just for debate, the coaching staff at OK State if Dake comes has the credentials of no other coaching staff in the nation. And it is recent credentials. If I am wrong, please do say. Just want to see what everyone's thoughts are on this.
I see where you are coming from but Cael and crew are proven. Until they stop producing half the U20 team and 4 of 6 on the Olympic team, they are #1. Not spitting on DT and Dake and TG, but you have to prove yourselves at that level before you surpass #1.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT