ADVERTISEMENT

Honest Left vs. Right Discussion...

aix_xpert

Heisman Winner
Sep 5, 2001
Honest question...what would be different today had Hillary been elected? Obviously the supreme court nominee would have been left leaning rather than right leaning. But otherwise, what really would be different? We wouldn't get daily media updates about Russia, but again, those simply don't impact the daily lives of anyone beyond the few schizo lefties who are suddenly hyper-aware of the crookedness of all of our politicians. But would we be anywhere different in regards to healthcare? Tax reform? Would the conversations be different? Obamacare would still be broken and needing fixing, but would Dems be off the hook like they are now? I'm curious what significant differences would there be to our daily lives?

Reactions: CowboyJD
We wouldn't have a literal Nazi in charge. Gays, womins, and minorities would all still have rights. That has all been taken away by the Nazis. Just like Germany except they let us keep our guns.

Sexism would probably be a big topic in the news. CNN would still be considered mainstream. We'd still be in that fake Climate Accord. The fringe on the left would continue, even further, it's leftward march. 64 genders make double to 128. (Kidding...but not really).

This congress has been a disappointment, so you have a valid point on the differences in daily impact.

Though, at the Department level, there's been some good. A million dollar county road bridge needs a year and another million dollars to run an impact study? C'mon. Maybe that's valid situationally, but not on some dirt road overpass on the north side of Payne county.

-We would still be in TPP
-We would still be in the Paris Accord
-Assuming the Dems took the Senate, we would have another SCOTUS justice in the mold of Kagan, Notorious RBG, or Sotomayor
-Nauseating MSM puff pieces about HRC and Chelsea on Mother's day
-Further marginalizing of America's natural resources in favor of taxpayer-funded Green Energy
-Stock market would be much much lower (I concede this is not necessarily the best indicator of a healthy economy; however, economic indicators are the highest they've been in a couple decades from everything I'm reading)
-Can would be further kicked down the road in regard to North Korea
-Given HRC was one of the worst Secretary of States in US history, I have no doubt our foreign policy would be further off course
-Her dream of a "Hemispheric Common Market" would be closer to fruition
-More Eric Holder/Lois Lerner/Loretta Lynch/Debbi Wasserman Schultz types would be appointed
-The Deep State/Uniparty figures would continue to sleep well at night and con the American people by day
-Senators McCain and Graham would be very happy
-American sovereignty continues to erode

That's off the top off my head. For all of Trump's faults, I truly admire the fight in the man and his willingness to take on the MSM and swamp creatures within his own party.

Honest question...what would be different today had Hillary been elected? Obviously the supreme court nominee would have been left leaning rather than right leaning. But otherwise, what really would be different? We wouldn't get daily media updates about Russia, but again, those simply don't impact the daily lives of anyone beyond the few schizo lefties who are suddenly hyper-aware of the crookedness of all of our politicians. But would we be anywhere different in regards to healthcare? Tax reform? Would the conversations be different? Obamacare would still be broken and needing fixing, but would Dems be off the hook like they are now? I'm curious what significant differences would there be to our daily lives?

Well, I think you essentially mentioned many of the differences.

Clinton would be seeking to improve Obamacare, not getting rid of it and leaving millions without health insurance. There would be a different Supreme Court justice (assuming Republicans in the Senate were not standing in the way). I think Clinton would have made other proposals, i.e. increasing the minimal wage. She would have put forth a completely different budget proposal. There would also be different people leading the federal departments and agencies.

Assuming Republicans controlled Congress, I think we would have seen a more centrist Clinton who was willing to make deals with moderate Republicans (kind of like what her husband did after the '94 midterms). Clinton might even be trying to pass some type of bipartisan immigration reform.

Republicans would still be focused on the email scandal and probably there would be more questions about the Clinton foundation from Republcans. An interesting question is whether or not James Comey would still be FBI Director?

In terms of foreign policy, foreign leaders would feel less troubled and worried about who is in the White House simply because they would know what to expect from Clinton. We would still be a part of the Paris Agreement. We would still see a hardline position against N. Korea. Clinton would have a tougher stance with Russia too and Russia's interference with our election would still be news. Clinton might even use such interference to justify a more hawkish approach to Russia and their interests. There could also be a no-fly zone over Syria, especially after the chemical attack.

Meanwhile, there would be articles about how Bill Clinton is loving the life as "First Gentleman" and the Clintons would be vacationing in Martha's Vineyard. Kate McKinnon would be appearing as Hillary every Saturday night. And there would be continued rumors that Donald Trump is about to start his own news organization.

Last edited:
For the record, I assumed that Congress would be unchanged. While the Hillary supporters can rail on the electoral college process and their 3M vote advantage, there are no arguments in regard to the election of our congressmen.

Reactions: Medic007
Social media would be less entertaining.

Trump would still be tweeting to his followers. And he would probably be tweeting even more outlandish comments because he would have to work harder to get the media to notice than he does now.

Trump would still be tweeting to his followers. And he would probably be tweeting even more outlandish comments because he would have to work harder to get the media to notice than he does now.

Except there would be lots more "Trump is irrelevant he didn't win" responses than "OMG, DID YOU SEE WHAT THE PRESIDENT SAID, WE'RE DOOMED!" responses.

The latter are more entertaining, IMO.

-We would still be in TPP
-We would still be in the Paris Accord
-Assuming the Dems took the Senate, we would have another SCOTUS justice in the mold of Kagan, Notorious RBG, or Sotomayor
-Nauseating MSM puff pieces about HRC and Chelsea on Mother's day
-Further marginalizing of America's natural resources in favor of taxpayer-funded Green Energy
-Stock market would be much much lower (I concede this is not necessarily the best indicator of a healthy economy; however, economic indicators are the highest they've been in a couple decades from everything I'm reading)
-Can would be further kicked down the road in regard to North Korea
-Given HRC was one of the worst Secretary of States in US history, I have no doubt our foreign policy would be further off course
-Her dream of a "Hemispheric Common Market" would be closer to fruition
-More Eric Holder/Lois Lerner/Loretta Lynch/Debbi Wasserman Schultz types would be appointed
-The Deep State/Uniparty figures would continue to sleep well at night and con the American people by day
-Senators McCain and Graham would be very happy
-American sovereignty continues to erode

That's off the top off my head. For all of Trump's faults, I truly admire the fight in the man and his willingness to take on the MSM and swamp creatures within his own party.
Here's a couple more for your list:

The Southern Border would still be wide open. CBP agents would be sitting on their butts clicking on a handheld counter every few seconds.

Gun confiscation or the precursor to it would be well underway.

All those who gave to the Clinton Foundation would have been richly rewarded or in the process of being rewarded.

Bill would have a new stable of interns to audition.

We'd be at war with Russia.

I don't think we would be at war with Russia, but we would be holding them responsible for interfering in our election. Clinton wouldn't be taking Putin's word on the matter nor would she be making crazy proposals like a joint cyber security unit with Moscow.

We would see a very tough line from Clinton on Russia and I would tend to think a no-fly zone over Syria.

I don't think we would be at war with Russia, but we would be holding them responsible for interfering in our election. Clinton wouldn't be taking Putin's word on the matter nor would she be making crazy proposals like a joint cyber security unit with Moscow.

Makes me wonder how the Saudis would have been treated for interfering in our election.

Reactions: windriverrange
Except there would be lots more "Trump is irrelevant he didn't win" responses than "OMG, DID YOU SEE WHAT THE PRESIDENT SAID, WE'RE DOOMED!" responses.

True. His tweets would definitely have less impact than they do now.

I still think Trump would be preparing to start his own news organization. I think that was always his plan if he didn't win.

Probably still is his plan.

We would see a very tough line from Clinton on Russia and I would tend to think a no-fly zone over Syria.

Putin hates Hillary like the plague for interfering with Putin's election in 2011-2012. He'd being acting out in spite of her and she couldn't do squat about it.

Putin hates Hillary

You are right and that is why he interfered in our election in an effort to stop her.

He wanted someone he could control and play in the White House . . . not someone who would challenge him around the world.

Or how about Alexandra Chalupa meeting with government officials from the Ukraine and working with them tondig up info on Trump/Russia. Wonder if she'd hold the Ukraine responsible for election interference?

Putin hates Hillary like the plague for interfering with Putin's election in 2011-2012. He'd being acting out in spite of her and she couldn't do squat about it.

I wouldn't go that far. HRC was a master poker player and always had a few tricks up her sleeve:

art.clintonlavrov1.gi.jpg

You are right and that is why he interfered in our election in an effort to stop her.

He wanted someone he could control and play in the White House . . . not someone who would challenge him around the world.

Trump is an 8 year old emotionally. There's not a person on the planet that could control him.

We've seen the results of Hillary challenging Putin, and it wasn't a good look for US on the world stage.

Trump is an 8 year old emotionally. There's not a person on the planet that could control him.

Sure there is . . . especially when that person knows where Trump's pressure points are.

lol, no . . . but the NRA would be claiming it is about to happen and getting rich off that irrational fear.

You mean like all the new donations to Planned Parenthood to protect all the women's rights that have been trampled under by our current president?

That shoe fits either foot.

Illinois bailout at taxpayers' expense, and California to follow.

In all seriousness, I'm real curious how this turns out. My mom lives in Muscatine, IA which is right on the border with Illinois (part of Quad Cities), and she said the budget crisis is in the news nightly.

Reactions: CBradSmith
Why is it thst everytime GL97 shows up for dinner I feel sick to my stomach watching you guys destroy him like you were fat kids at a puffy Cheeto and Pepsi buffet after smoking a pound of weed?

Oh, now I remember. You guys are savages. Cannibals. It's gross to watch the feast but so fascinating. Like National Geographic-Message Board.

Would this apply to your past posts directed at NZ Poke?:

This week you've posted the greatest a quote from a known Nazi sympathizer and when called out on it professed to have no idea who he was or his background. Then we had the shadowy Jewish stereotype cartoon over a meme of six or nine magazines spread out over 24 years portrayed as an organized attack...taken from /pol/...an account using some obviously Naziesque iconography. Then professed to have not "caught" any of that when you posted it.

I don't know, but they sure seem to like playing around with Nazi and anti Semitic iconography.

No...you're part of a small demographic struggling with reality.

Last edited:
In all seriousness, I'm real curious how this turns out. My mom lives in Muscatine, IA which is right on the border with Illinois (part of Quad Cities), and she said the budget crisis is in the news nightly.

Temporary hijack: Right down the road from Wilton.:D

Laughable. Obama let Russia roll in and take the lead in Syria because he had no plan. Hillary would do nothing as well.

What exactly would she be tough on? A bigger reset button? She was the laughing stock of Russia as SOS and that wouldn't change if she was President. She's nothing more than a chubbier and whiter Obama. Let's remember Russia took Crimea under Obama's watch while he and Hillary were busy enabling terrorists in Libya.

Reactions: imprimis
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT