ADVERTISEMENT

Homeland

NeekReevers

Heisman Candidate
Dec 17, 2002
Just as I feared....crazy Carrie is back. From looking at the previews for next week I'm hoping it's a one episode ordeal otherwise I may be cashing it in.

Also, it would be nice if our side could actually do something right for a change. Every episode is us getting kicked in the balls and outsmarted by the Pakistanis and a plagiarizing ex-professor. I am starting to wonder if maybe the young Pakistani guy is on the up and up and just the woman is double dealing.

I needed to trim my TV tree, there's just not enough hours in the week so I had 4 episodes of Homeland on my DVR two weeks ago and I deleted every single one of them and cancelled the series recording. It felt great. Carrie is worse than nails on a chalk board and that show overall has blown since the first season or 2. I wish I had just quit after season 1 when Brody's hot wife was still getting naked.

This post was edited on 11/10 8:54 AM by nathajw

I've been saying I'm going to cash it in for 2 seasons but haven't been able to pull the plug.

Last night's episode was so good. I am loving this season so far. No more Brody kids. How can anyone not love that?

Originally posted by osutater:
Last night's episode was so good. I am loving this season so far. No more Brody kids. How can anyone not love that?
Last night was the best episode they've had in a long time. All I can say is I wouldn't want to be the ambassador's husband now that Carrie knows whats up.

Really don't get the bashing, the show's been pared down to the cool shit and has left behind the extraneous crap that bogged it down. Still pretty high quality stuff. Carrie can be annoying but there's not been too much of that lately, on balance the whole thing is still really strong.

Originally posted by 100TonsofOrangeFury:
Really don't get the bashing, the show's been pared down to the cool shit and has left behind the extraneous crap that bogged it down. Still pretty high quality stuff. Carrie can be annoying but there's not been too much of that lately, on balance the whole thing is still really strong.
I had to cut the show out when Brody's daughter was appearing in every episode. I am curious about 1 thing. Does Carrie continue to get herself into very dangerous situations by doing the exact opposite of what her superiors tell her to do, or have they taken that plot point out of circulation?

Brody's daughter sucked but this season is on par with the first two. Haven't really noticed Carrie ignoring orders lately, she is in charge of an operation. At this point I'd quit watching the Walking Dead before Homeland.

Anyone that dropped it because of last season's gripes really should try this season from episode 1, it's really good. Needless to say, no Brody family whatsoever.

Finally caught up last night. This season has been really good. This last episode with Carrie and Saul's interaction. Damn.

11/23 was another awesome episode. Interesting that they didn't even provide a teaser for the next episode.

Originally posted by BixbyPoke:
11/23 was another awesome episode. Interesting that they didn't even provide a teaser for the next episode.
My guess is because they somewhat implied Carrie and Saul are dead which if they are there is no more show but they can't show them alive in a teaser and still leave us in doubt as to what happened to them.

My question is why do you think they are breaking into the embassy?...to kidnap the ambassador, take it over?

I'm not sure the last 3 episodes haven't been the best run of episodes in the series' history.

Originally posted by NeekReevers:

My guess is because they somewhat implied Carrie and Saul are dead which if they are there is no more show but they can't show them alive in a teaser and still leave us in doubt as to what happened to them.

My question is why do you think they are breaking into the embassy?...to kidnap the ambassador, take it over?

I'm not sure the last 3 episodes haven't been the best run of episodes in the series' history.
I thought there was not teaser because there isn't a new episode this weekend. May be wrong.

These last 2 episodes have been off the charts good. Impressed.

Spoiler - It didn't look to me like those 2 were killed. The rockets looked like they hit the other 2 cars in the convey but not theirs. I'm also trying to figure out what they're doing in the embassy. Is this going to be a Benghazi-type action?

I think Haqqani is intent on taking over the US Embassy and kill as many people or maybe hold hostage as many people as he can.

I have no idea what they are going to do.

Did Saul's glasses have anything to do with the strike?

Originally posted by OSUDirt:

I thought there was not teaser because there isn't a new episode this weekend. May be wrong.

These last 2 episodes have been off the charts good. Impressed.

Spoiler - It didn't look to me like those 2 were killed. The rockets looked like they hit the other 2 cars in the convey but not theirs. I'm also trying to figure out what they're doing in the embassy. Is this going to be a Benghazi-type action?
When the initial explosion hit it wasn't their car but when they flashed back later it looked like all the cars were burning. I'm guessing they just got out in time before the rocket hit.

Also why do they take a week off? It's not like they are filming week to week and the cast needed to take a week off for Thanksgiving. They're doing it on The Affair also....nothing to watch next Sunday night.

Sunday's episode was really good again. Quinn trying to hunt down the terrorists with no help or back up is going to be interesting.

Sunday's episode was really good again. Quinn trying to hunt down the terrorists with no help or back up is going to be interesting.
Shite is about to get real for some Pakistanis.

I think Haqqani is the best villian they have had yet. Such a menacing figure. I am loving this season. It has been outstanding.
MV5BMzQ4MDgyMzU5N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTgzMjE0MzE@._V1_SY100_CR16,0,100,100_AL_.jpg

No comments about this week's episode. Another great one. I like how Quinn just shoots a guy and no one is really surprised or reacts to it. A lot to wrap up on Sunday.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

No comments about this week's episode. Another great one. I like how Quinn just shoots a guy and no one is really surprised or reacts to it. A lot to wrap up on Sunday.
Quinn is awesome, he's got some Chuck Norris and Jason Bourne quality to him which is ridiculous but I enjoy watching it on TV.

The cliffhanger with the murky CIA dude in the car is also completely awesome, he's a great character.

Show has rebounded in a big way.

I'm not sure if they'll even wrap everything up, Haqqani might be good enough to keep for 2 seasons.

Honestly I don't see how they can in 1 hour. If it were a 2 hour finale I might think so but I think you're right. I be this storyline continues for another season.

I really want that Pakistani wench get what's coming to her though. Maybe Khan will mess her up.

SPOILER ALERT........

Homeland finale sucked donkey balls.....good grief what a crap finale.

Weak finale after a really good season.

The Affair had a great finale. Looking forward to next season.

Honestly I don't see how they can in 1 hour. If it were a 2 hour finale I might think so but I think you're right. I be this storyline continues for another season.

I really want that Pakistani wench get what's coming to her though. Maybe Khan will mess her up.
Ricardo Montalban is part of the cast, now?

I thought the finale was weak too. I get it that they didn't want to kill Haqqani. I hope that Carrie's baby and mother aren't a big part of the next season, they are only slightly more interesting than Brody's family.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT