ADVERTISEMENT

Holiday brews

I go to the local Kroger and load up the mix n match packs of every different Oktoberfest and Holiday beer I can. Just had a Real Ale Oktoberfest, love this time of year.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Drinking a St Bernardus Christmas now. Had the new Mikkeller Red/White Christmas Ale on tap at McNellies before The Black Keys show earlier.

St Bernardus is malty deliciousness with a little spice. The Mikkeller reminded of Tank 7 a little with some spice added in.

There are a ton of new Christmas beers out. I've also had the Sam Adams White Christmas recently it's a really smooth, easy drinker. Again a little spice with a lighter body.

Sierra Nevada Celebration
Ridgeway Lump of Coal
BridgePort Ebenezer
Couple of Mikeller holidays
Sam Adam's Old Fizziwig
Sam Adam's White Christmas
Full Sail Wassail
Sam Adams MerryMaker
Scaldi's Noel
Delirium Noel
Anderson Valley Winter Solstice
Avery Old Jubilation
Sam Smith's Winter Welcome
Sanaa's Butt
Evil Elf
Extremely Evil Elf

One or more of each in the fridge as I type.

Have tried the White Christmas, Old Fizziwig, Winter Solstice, Wassail and Lump of Coal this week.

I usually don't like them. A dose of nutmeg or cardamom is a good way to screw up a decent brown ale or stout.

Always liked the Cheer but since I have become a hop head, I think my palette has changed. Got some Cheer in the box but it isn't as good for some reason.

Originally posted by EvilPOKES:
Is the St. Bernardus xmas any good Marshall? Thought about grabbing some...
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Absolutely. Malty with a touch of spice. If you can, get the St Bernardus gift pack with the Pater 6, Prior 8, Tripel, and Abt 12. It comes with a nice chalice. They're are all good beers. But, yes, I'd definitely recommend the St B Christmas.

Scaldis Noel is quite good. I've not been able to locate Ommegang Adoration so far this year. It's really good, too. Has anyone seen any 4 packs of Adoration in Tulsa?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT