ADVERTISEMENT

Help with potential sink hole situation

Adman513

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Yukon
Our driveway is at an incline, and we're seeing growing cracks which are obviously concerning to us. The bordering grass on one side is showing signs of sinking and it appears it may be going under the driveway as well (I filled up the hole when I first saw it occur sometime last summer).

My wife is an unnatural fear of sinkholes, so she's assuming the worst and that it'll lead to some giant sinkhole that will eventually claim our entire house. I'm trying to shrug it off with a "Eh, no way...it'll be fine." However...what the Hell do I know?!? Rather than Google possible options, I thought I'd ask the most trusted people I know---random OSU fans on this board for help. What kind of service should I contact for help with this?

Appreciate any tips/references you all can muster!

I’ve got a sinkhole working on my property that is the result of one of the ponds on my neighbors property. He is being really cool about it, but all that to say it is NOT a cheap nor quick fix.

• Sad
Reactions: Adman513
Our driveway is at an incline, and we're seeing growing cracks which are obviously concerning to us. The bordering grass on one side is showing signs of sinking and it appears it may be going under the driveway as well (I filled up the hole when I first saw it occur sometime last summer).

My wife is an unnatural fear of sinkholes, so she's assuming the worst and that it'll lead to some giant sinkhole that will eventually claim our entire house. I'm trying to shrug it off with a "Eh, no way...it'll be fine." However...what the Hell do I know?!? Rather than Google possible options, I thought I'd ask the most trusted people I know---random OSU fans on this board for help. What kind of service should I contact for help with this?

Depending on when your house was built and how wet your local climate is (and your soil type) it could just be settling of poorly done backfill.

If your house is 10+ years old and you are in a wet climate, probably not.

Reactions: Adman513

Any pics?

No, I don't have any pics (at least, none of the driveway/surrounding area), and I live in a house that was built in the 80's in Yukon.

Maybe call a landscaper? Concrete guy? (sorry...someone who identifies as a concrete guy?)

giphy.gif

No, I don't have any pics (at least, none of the driveway/surrounding area), and I live in a house that was built in the 80's in Yukon.

Maybe call a landscaper? Concrete guy? (sorry...someone who identifies as a concrete guy?)

giphy.gif
Man I was in Yukon this morning would have swooped by and looked. I bet it is just settling. If you want a concrete guy to look I know an OSU guy out that way. Let me know I will get you his info.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT