ADVERTISEMENT

Hell. Trump just blew it big time

She's on a stage by herself, not at a keg party.

And while we all may mimic how people around us are talking, she sounds like she's in an 8th grade play.
Right?

It's amusing how Trump can say 'It's gonna be a bloodbath if Biden gets another 4 years' and certain voters lose their shit, Trump needs to stop with 'violent' talk, he's turning off voters.

But when Kamala is openly pandering to voters and being racist AF, the spin from some is 'Oh hell this is nothing, I do the same thing myself!' lol

Oh, I don't know. There are a lot of legitimate criticisms you can make with Harris but this just seems kind of a stretch. I wouldn't necessarily consider this 'racist'.

One of the first things I did when I left Oklahoma was lose the accent. Kind of hard to be taken seriously if you walk into a meeting in Chicago or Toronto or wherever and you sound like a hillbilly from Gotebo. But when I come back to Oklahoma, I tend to kick right back into Gotebo. I can't imagine it being much different for professionals in the African-American community or other backgrounds as well.

This phenomenon is actually called 'code-switching'.

Last edited:
Oh, I don't know. There are a lot of legitimate criticisms you can make with Harris but this just seems kind of a stretch. I wouldn't necessarily consider this 'racist'.

One of the first things I did when I left Oklahoma was lose the accent. Kind of hard to be taken seriously if you walk into a meeting in Chicago or Toronto or wherever and you sound like a hillbilly from Gotebo. But when I come back to Oklahoma, I tend to kick right back into Gotebo. I can't imagine it being much different for professionals in the African-American community or other backgrounds as well.

giphy.gif

She lived in Berkeley, the midwest, back to Berkeley, then to Montreal before going to college. Her parents split when she was 7 and her immigrant Indian mom raised her.

A little less dialectically static than someone who spent their formative years in a small southern town.

She's pandering. Just like HRC with the hot sauce in her purse comment.

You and yer Yankee brethren could learn a thing or two from hillbilly's. You didn't belong in Oklahoma anyway.

Sounds to me like you have confidence issues. I have been in many board meetings , c level meetings or even as a board member.

When in meetings, people should listen to what you say not how you say it. It is funny for someone that preaches acceptance, had to morph into something else.

Trying to fit in?

Reactions: OUSOONER67

Sounds really fake, phony, and pretentious.

Sounds to me like you have confidence issues. I have been in many board meetings , c level meetings or even as a board member.

When in meetings, people should listen to what you say not how you say it. It is funny for someone that preaches acceptance, had to morph into something else.

Trying to fit in?
Yeah, manbreast is really needy when it comes to acceptance. Definitely has confidence issues.

Trying to fit in?
Plenty of successful people have southern accents.

I’m not sure Woody is the one that’s insecure. At least he’s true to his roots.

Kamala puts on an act to try to appeal to whatever group she’s speaking to.

I don’t disagree but breast man does.

You didn't lose your accent you are just being fake, like she is trying to sound like she is from the hood.

Fake af just like this asshole. Its an insult to fake your accent.

Hillary did the same thing.

It's pretty easy to do if you really want to connect with people.

Fantastic responses.

So - just hypothetically - if an African-American kid that grows up in a house with family that speaks like James Brown and Aunt Esther decides to speak more like Candace Owens or Van Jones, they're not doing it to sound more professional at the workplace and improve their career potential......they're doing it because they are actually 'fake' and suffer from 'confidence issues'.

Got it.

Thanks, guys. It's been a fun thread.

Fantastic responses.

So - just hypothetically - if an African-American kid that grows up in a house with family that speaks like James Brown and Aunt Esther decides to speak more like Candace Owens or Van Jones, they're not doing it to sound more professional at the workplace and improve their career potential......they're doing it because they are actually 'fake' and suffer from 'confidence issues'.

Got it.

tenor.gif

Ill never forget that Yankee Brian Kelly introducing himself to an LSU tiger football rally with a Cajun accent. Comedic gold. 🤣

Fantastic responses.

Got it.

GWduSCMXAAMmy0W

• Haha
Reactions: fatman76
Fantastic responses.

Got it.

Sounds like cultural appropriation to me. I thought the left didn't like that.

Fantastic responses.

Got it.

Kamala has multiple times changed her accent and grammar for a different audience. At best that's pandering, at worst it's racism.

Why not just be honest and say that?

In this particular case, I agree Harris sounded a bit ridiculous and insincere. But I'm not sure exactly how it fits the definition of 'racist'.

You're an intelligent guy, but I swear some of you guys play the racism card almost as much as the dumb liberals.

Reactions: EZ Reyes
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT