ADVERTISEMENT

Heavyweight transfer

I’m fearful this won’t happen. There were some hurdles to clear and I’ve not heard anything on the progress of said hurdles.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
I’m fearful this won’t happen. There were some hurdles to clear and I’ve not heard anything on the progress of said hurdles.

If he doesn't make it in our heavy situation is as bad as I can remember.

If Derek didn’t scholly money after his incident at Nebraska I doubt anything is getting freed up.

The Purdue heavy might not be getting much scholly $, but those situations aren't comparable.

Derek was an Oklahoma kid that returned home on his own accord to get a fair crack at making the starting lineup. He wasn't withheld $ because of "his incident". Derek's a great guy with a great success story.

Reactions: derek_state
So are we getting Purdue transfer or other HVW transfer or what? School starts in less than two weeks so I would think it would have happened by now.

The coaching staff wanted him in Stillwater and did everything they could to get him on campus. It's been an ongoing process the last 6 months and ultimately they couldn't get past certain hurdles with the athletic department as mentioned above. Not a coincidence that Holder just came out with the public announcement on the new facility. To put it kindly I've heard the coaches are less than pleased with the support they received from Holder and Weiberg.

The coaching staff wanted him in Stillwater and did everything they could to get him on campus. It's been an ongoing process the last 6 months and ultimately they couldn't get past certain hurdles with the athletic department as mentioned above. Not a coincidence that Holder just came out with the public announcement on the new facility. To put it kindly I've heard the coaches are less than pleased with the support they received from Holder and Weiberg.

In this particular instance it’s hard to find much fault in their decision. It’s a bad look for the university and program if nothing definitive comes out in support of the young man or the charges being false.

IMO a program like OSU doesn’t need to make this type of exception and risk.

In this particular instance it’s hard to find much fault in their decision. It’s a bad look for the university and program if nothing definitive comes out in support of the young man or the charges being false.

IMO a program like OSU doesn’t need to make this type of exception and risk.

I don't disagree. I would much rather us handle Tyreek Hill situations like Gundy did as opposed to Stoops and Joe Mixon. However I also have full faith in John Smith's judgement in regards to evaluating character and giving second chance opportunities. I don't fault anyone in that athletic department for doing their job but if there's one coach at OSU who deserves to bring in who they want its John.

IMO the key is don’t let yourself get in situations where you need to take a guy with baggage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT