ADVERTISEMENT

HBO - Euphoria

SSS!!!

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Apr 5, 2011
Really solid show as far as acting, writing, editing, etc, but would absolutely not recommend to most people. Actually wish I’d never started it. Some absolutely horrific things happen in this show. Anyone else watch this?

I haven't watched this week's but I think it is awesome (and yes very horrifying).

Reactions: SSS!!!
I haven't watched this week's but I think it is awesome (and yes very horrifying).
Yeah I’d agree w this. Awesome in the same way Requiem For a Dream is awesome.... BTW You find out a lot more about Jules’ past in this latest episode. Pretty crazy stuff.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
I started watching this based on this thread. I just want to tell you that I hate all of you for getting me into this show. Maybe one of the best and hardest shows I've ever seen. Just finished episode 3.

Scatter shot thoughts:

I'm glad my kids made it to adulthood and aren't broken. Seeing this crap just hurts the soul. I can't imagine having to live through this in real life.
Hunter Schafer who plays Jewels is stealing this show. For a first ever acting role she is crushing the part. And she's pretty hot.
I think they are doing a good job of the parents in this show too. Messed up parents beget messed up kids.
The drug dealer scene with the phentenol was so cringe-worthy. Man, you knew what was coming and was mortified the entire time.

The drug dealer scene with the phentenol was so cringe-worthy. Man, you knew what was coming and was mortified the entire time.

That scene made me want to jump out the window. The acting on this show is incredibly. The creepy drug dealer was perfectly cast.

I stumbled into the first episode about two weeks ago. After the first ten minutes its like a train wreck you can't look away. The creepiest moment by far is at the end of the show when they reveal her daddy dom is the jocks father.

I started watching this based on this thread. I just want to tell you that I hate all of you for getting me into this show. Maybe one of the best and hardest shows I've ever seen. Just finished episode 3.

Scatter shot thoughts:

I'm glad my kids made it to adulthood and aren't broken. Seeing this crap just hurts the soul. I can't imagine having to live through this in real life.
Hunter Schafer who plays Jewels is stealing this show. For a first ever acting role she is crushing the part. And she's pretty hot.
I think they are doing a good job of the parents in this show too. Messed up parents beget messed up kids.
Haha I tried to warn you about it! Couple quick things, you do realize Jules, and the actress who plays her, is transgender correct? Not that transgenders cant be attractive, just want to make sure you definitely know that. It took me way too long to realize that honestly. Another, it’s fentanyl. Had to correct that as I administer it every day haha. Lastly, I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old daughter. This show is fvcking terrifying in that way. Basically psycho analyzing every single decision I make w my kids right now haha.

Reactions: Ostatedchi
Haha I tried to warn you about it! Couple quick things, you do realize Jules, and the actress who plays her, is transgender correct? Not that transgenders cant be attractive, just want to make sure you definitely know that. It took me way too long to realize that honestly. Another, it’s fentanyl. Had to correct that as I administer it every day haha. Lastly, I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old daughter. This show is fvcking terrifying in that way. Basically psycho analyzing every single decision I make w my kids right now haha.

Damn ... I had no idea she was transgender.

I have a 6-year old daughter and a 2-year old boy. I've always been scared but now I'm horrified.

Damn ... I had no idea she was transgender.

I have a 6-year old daughter and a 2-year old boy. I've always been scared but now I'm horrified.
Don’t worry, I really didn’t either. Then I looked back and couldn’t believe I missed it haha.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
Yes I realized she was a transgendered person in the first episode when she shot herself up with estrogen. She's still hot though. And for this being her first ever acting role she is crushing it. It's probably not that big of a stretch for her to play this role. But the emotion sure feels real.

Yes I realized she was a transgendered person in the first episode when she shot herself up with estrogen. She's still hot though. And for this being her first ever acting role she is crushing it. It's probably not that big of a stretch for her to play this role. But the emotion sure feels real.
Yeah I totally missed that. To be fair I watched all the episodes on my phone in a call room in the hospital haha. Also, the actress even said the reason she liked the role so much is they didn’t really make it a point that she’s transgender. Just basically incorporated into the story instead of shining a spotlight on it. Agree, though, she is attractive and is a very good actress. Both her and Zandaya are pretty phenomenal in their roles.

Reactions: Ostatedchi
Yeah I totally missed that. To be fair I watched all the episodes on my phone in a call room in the hospital haha. Also, the actress even said the reason she liked the role so much is they didn’t really make it a point that she’s transgender. Just basically incorporated into the story instead of shining a spotlight on it. Agree, though, she is attractive and is a very good actress. Both her and Zandaya are pretty phenomenal in their roles.
And to be fair. When the scene came up with her injecting something I paused it to read the label on the vial to see what it was then had to look it up to make sure there wasn’t a way to abuse it as a drug. It wasn’t obvious at all. There was an outline of a peen when she turned around in her undies. But again it wasn’t obvious or pointed out in the least.

I have to say I’m hooked on this show. But you are right, I’m not going to recommend it to many people. Maybe my level-headed 20 year old daughter. It might be a good case study for her to learn some things not to do.

The only out of place character is the little kid drug dealer. But, I really like the character along with his older brother. And love the subtle back story of why they are both engaging in drug dealing. Again, very well done. They told a ton of back story in a half second glimpse across the hall.

This is one that you have to really pay attention to in order to get all the subtle subtext.

Reactions: shortbus
The only out of place character is the little kid drug dealer. But, I really like the character along with his older brother. And love the subtle back story of why they are both engaging in drug dealing. Again, very well done. They told a ton of back story in a half second glimpse across the hall.

This is one that you have to really pay attention to in order to get all the subtle subtext.
A couple cool points about those two actors. The little kid (Ashtray) is actually a junior Olympic boxer. Fez was found by a casting director just walking the streets of LA. Said he looked like the part and asked him if he’d like to audition. No acting experience or even training. He’s one of my favorite characters.

I finished last night but will probably need to rewatch the final episode. I’m not sure I followed the ending.

It was so well done and just great all around.

HOWEVER, I don’t get how it’s okay to portray teenagers having sex, especially with adults.

I get that the actors are not actually children, but why does nobody throw a fit when made for adult tv glamorizes sex with or between minor children?

It’s every show. It’s all the time.

Yet we wonder why we have child trafficking and rape issues in this country.

It was so well done and just great all around.

HOWEVER, I don’t get how it’s okay to portray teenagers having sex, especially with adults.

I get that the actors are not actually children, but why does nobody throw a fit when made for adult tv glamorizes sex with or between minor children?

It’s every show. It’s all the time.

Yet we wonder why we have child trafficking and rape issues in this country.
Sexual abuse is a huge problem in this country. This show actually deals with this terrible issue. There are some studies that have stated up to 40% of women have been sexually assaulted. I like that this show is bringing a terrible thing to the limelight.

Sexual abuse is a huge problem in this country. This show actually deals with this terrible issue. There are some studies that have stated up to 40% of women have been sexually assaulted. I like that this show is bringing a terrible thing to the limelight.

If everyone told the truth, I’d guess over 60% of the population has been sexually abused.

Reactions: BluegrassPoke
Wow. Finally finished the season. What an incredible finale. Really encompasses all the great things about the show without most of the bad things. Ending was incredible storytelling and editing.

To the poster above about glamorizing sex. If you think this show glamorizes underage sex, we must have been watching different shows. It shows a lot of it, but rarely, if ever, does it glamorize it. Makes it look too casual at times? Definitely but I wouldn’t say glamorize at all.

Reactions: BluegrassPoke
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT