ADVERTISEMENT

Harry Reid changed the rules in the Senate?

AC_Exotic

MegaPoke is insane
Jul 31, 2014
Parts Unknown
www.clinteastwood.net
Thanks to Harry Reid's rule change, it will only take 51 votes to repeal Obamacare.

I hope they overturn that and several other Obama gems and when the mission is accomplished, they change the rule back to the way it was.

Still have to get Obama to sign the legislation. They may have to withhold funding and include prohibitions disallowing transferring of funds from other agencies/departments.

Originally posted by ThePokewithNoName:
Thanks to Harry Reid's rule change, it will only take 51 votes to repeal Obamacare.

I hope they overturn that and several other Obama gems and when the mission is accomplished, they change the rule back to the way it was.
I think a better plan is to remove all the exemptions, let all the unions and states get a taste for the ACA.

Low information voters.

"Fifty-two Senate Democrats and independents voted to weaken the power of the filibuster. The change reduces the threshold from 60 votes to 51 votes for Senate approval of executive and judicial nominees against unanimous GOP opposition. Three Democrats - Sens. Mark Pryor of Arkansas, Joe Manchin of West Virginia and Carl Levin of Michigan - opposed the change.
The rule change does not apply to Supreme Court nominees, who are still subject to a 60-vote filibuster threshold, or to legislation."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT